Besiege

Besiege

Welcome to The War Machine Workshop!
Upload your War Machine and share your creative talents with the community. Download other player's Machines and use them in your conquest. Sharing War Machines with Steam Workshop is quick and easy.
Engineering > Art
I've been noticing especially with the introduction of the moldable planes and texture pack support that the besiege workshop has been focusing more on aesthetic pleasure than mechanical designs. Sure, plenty of cars and helicopters have driving mechanisms that roughly fit the bill, but it isn't the main focus of most of the pieces.

This is a game deliberately made for the purpose of making war machines. The point, therefore, is to make interesting mechanisms, especially ones for destruction. All this artistry ruins the thing.

Now sure, you can play with your own toys however you want, but its a shame to use something that could be great for something completely unrelated. It would be like buying a steak just to grind it into a hamburger, or a book just to wipe your butt with it. Its your right to do it, certainly, but that's not what its meant for.

The community is turning this war/engineering game into another Blender. We already have a Blender, its called 'Blender'. All this art in a program that isn't made for it seems misplaced when there're already more appropriate forums.

I'm not innocent of this either, my most popular item is largely made to look neat. But the point is that maybe we should use this game for what it was intended, and find a more appropriate place for the other stuff.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
I agree, but let the artists make their art.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50