Steam Greenlight
Game Ideas instead of games?
Is it ok to just post game ideas and concepts and have other people who understand coding, to pick up these ideas and make them into a game? Im more of concept artist than a programmer :/ Am i allowed to do this?
< >
1-13 van 13 reacties weergegeven
Id beleive you if you were some sort of mod, are you completely postitive :/ It seems like this would be an awesome idea. I wouldnt mind someone taking my idea to put it to good use, even if i did not receive credit, id just like to see it happen xD
Isn't that,

Kickstarter?
Not sure what that is :/
Origineel geplaatst door Captain Jack Sparrow:
Not sure what that is :/

It's a website where you present your idea and ask for funding or help. And people interested give it to you.
From the Greenlight About page:
"Can I post my game concept or early builds?
Absolutely! We encourage you to post information about your game as early in the development process as you are comfortable with. Greenlight will let you define whether you are posting your game as a concept/early build or as a playable game that is nearing completion."

But probably nobody is going to just show up and start coding your game for you, and without art the public will ignore it as well.
Ah that sounds neat. I was just suggesting throwing ideas out for any programmers who are having a brain block for ideas. Idk I just thought something like this would be helpful :/
Ye i read that earlier i was not sure if it applied to what i was saying
ty
I believe you can only post a game concept if you're actually going to develop such game.
Origineel geplaatst door AmauriPavão:
I believe you can only post a game concept if you're actually going to develop such game.

sadly i think you're right :(
i made like a whole book (not full but im going to complete it) full with game ideas and concepts
Laatst bewerkt door The TV is leaking!; 2 aug 2014 om 9:58
Origineel geplaatst door cheat'ur the khajiit:
i made like a whole book (not full but im going to complete it) full with game ideas and concepts
Are you aware that you have responded to a thread that has been dead for 2 years? The people that has posted in it will probably not be comming back...
It would probably have been better if you posted a new thread.

Also it's inaccurate since the addition of the "request a game" forum. Post and discuss your game ideas there all you want without ever haveing any intention of makeing or completing them yourself. (although don't think you can make any money if someone else picks up your idea)
Origineel geplaatst door cheat'ur the khajiit:
sadly i think you're right :(
Personally, I'm glad more people see it as a place for developing games rather than a receptacle for dumping whatever ten-second fever dream passing through their skull that they've mistaken for a realised 'game concept'. Everyone and their dog can come up with a pile of weak ideas and the Concepts section would be even more of a cesspit than it is if they all decided to steal some artwork from the internet and attach it with their drivel to a project page.
Laatst bewerkt door Skoardy; 2 aug 2014 om 10:21
< >
1-13 van 13 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 30 aug 2012 om 13:15
Aantal berichten: 13