Something about an overlay?
Hello Everyone, I recently wrote a guide for GZW. A couple people in the comments of that guide have stated that they can't read it because the overlay is preventing them from reading it but i'm confused as to what overlay they are talking about (it looks fine on my end). Could anyone explain what overlay they are talking about?

The guide mentioned is here: (if you can't access it I had made some changes recently and it may be under checks from the automated content check system)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3246437694
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
ReBoot May 22 @ 8:16pm 
Ask them what they are talking about.
as hotsauce linked, the issue is the index being overlayed on top of the guide, makes guides horrible to read, since valve messed it up with an update.

that being said, it works fine if they look at the guide through the guides section of a game, or directly clicking on it through a profile, but not clicking on a guide from a link.
Last edited by MonkehMaster; May 23 @ 5:08am
Originally posted by MonkehMaster:
as hotsauce linked, the issue is the index being overlayed on top of the guide, makes guide horrible to read since valve messed it up with an update.

that being said, it works fine if they look at the guide through the guides section of a game, or directly clicking on it through a profile, but not clicking on a guide from a link.
and there is nothing I can do to fix it?
Originally posted by Askindale:
Originally posted by MonkehMaster:
as hotsauce linked, the issue is the index being overlayed on top of the guide, makes guide horrible to read since valve messed it up with an update.

and there is nothing I can do to fix it?

its a steam issue, ofc you cant fix it, unless you code for valve?

go post a bug report in the beta forums.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/
Last edited by MonkehMaster; May 23 @ 5:07am
thanks for the help to everyone who posted.
Originally posted by Askindale:
thanks for the help to everyone who posted.

no problem, hopefully valve fixes the issue, sooner rather than later (valve time).
Last edited by MonkehMaster; May 23 @ 5:09am
VaLiuM May 23 @ 6:10am 
Well, it's one click more now to view guides linked in discussions properly using the UGC link at the top of the window that pops out. Pretty annoying.
Last edited by VaLiuM; May 23 @ 6:10am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 22 @ 6:16pm