Mac 8gb RAM upgrade doesn't let me run source games >:(
Ok, so I have Garry's mod, TF2 (team fortress 2) and CSS (Counter Strike Source). So on my birthday I went to go pick up a RAM upgrade from Mac Mall. So Mac Mall installed the RAM (im trusting they did it correctly) and it read fine, so now I go home and start playing TF2 when my computer freezes and a sign comes up and says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button for several seconds or press the restart button." So first off, This only happens with the games I listed above, but I can play any other game I like and this won't happen. And Second off, WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME IT HAS NEVER HAPPEND BEFORE THE UPGRADE!!!!!!!
Heres the specs of my computer, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB (it was 4GB) 1333 MHz DDR3.
< >
Näytetään 1-4 / 4 kommentista
Apparently, they did not disable the built-in Source Game Blocker™, so your computer crashes every time you try to run a Source game.

Or the RAM is defective.

Which seems more likely to you?
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Janichsan; 7.5.2013 klo 12.59
Get a livecd with memtest and check the ram's. Sounds like one of the new ones are corrupt.
Janichsan lähetti viestin:
Apparently, they did not disable the built-in Source Game Blocker™, so your computer crashes every time you try to run a Source game.

Or the RAM is defective.

Which seems more likely to you?

I think it is the built-in Source game Blocker becasue for anytthing else it works perfectly.
Do you still have your receipt from Mac Mall? They probably botched it and didn't tell you. Tell them to do it again and do it right this time.
I performed the same procedure on the same type of Mac by myself and I haven't had any problems.
< >
Näytetään 1-4 / 4 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 7.5.2013 klo 9.45