CRS Sep 3, 2014 @ 3:56am
"The application "Steam" can't be opened -600"
Hi guys,

So i'm having an Issue with Steam, for some reason when I've turned it off and then come back to open it again I get this error in the title Not every time). I've tried a few different methods of getting it to work, but with no luck.

The only way that works for getting it to re-open is re-starting my MBP

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Rizzden Sep 5, 2014 @ 7:08am 
Hello,

I'm been having the EXACT same problem, I closed Steam (force quit, could it have damaged the software?), and then an hour later when I come back to open it up, the error pops up. What does MBP stand for? It might work for me.

Thanks
CRS Sep 5, 2014 @ 11:11am 
Macbook Pro
Derfel Sep 5, 2014 @ 11:19am 
hey,

my steam isn't working how it is suppose to. for some reason my steam won't pop up anymore so i can't do anything on it. i see the icon on my screen but when i click on it steam won't start.
Scissure Sep 7, 2014 @ 11:18pm 
Either:
1) wait
2) delete and reinstall
karel Oct 13, 2014 @ 1:01pm 
I had the same issue this morning. Tried to uninstall steam as per above, but got a warning that Steam was still in use. There was no sign of this anywhere so i did a full shut down and restart. This fixed the issue!
PePegA Oct 16, 2014 @ 8:00am 
If i had that issue error -600 for me i just restart my computer and it work normally or u can go to your library-Application support-steam and delete everything except Steamapps after that open steam it will be working back
baba Feb 8, 2015 @ 6:45am 
Hey :) I had the same problem on my mac. I forced quit it. You need to shutdown and restart your laptop then it should be up and running. Thanks gl.
Gopnik AJ♿ Feb 8, 2015 @ 7:32am 
aids :csgoct:
Last edited by Gopnik AJ♿; Feb 8, 2015 @ 7:32am
Wolfcl0ck Mar 28, 2015 @ 8:30am 
Sometimes Steam does this, mainly after force quitting or trying something stupid and closing steam. You can either reinstall steam, or, if you're patient, wait a little while, as Steam tends to fix itself. If neither works, then you can panic.
cedd Apr 1, 2015 @ 5:43pm 
Ok this is what you do:
1. Go to Activity Monitor (search it up on spotlight)
2. Force quit (gameoverlayui)
3. Now you can open steam now!
Stefff Apr 2, 2015 @ 5:40am 
++
Shotty Jeff Apr 2, 2015 @ 12:55pm 
Ive been haveing problems with connecting ti the steam servers lately :csgoglobe:
You-fools Apr 16, 2015 @ 2:54am 
Originally posted by #Goteem:
Ok this is what you do:
1. Go to Activity Monitor (search it up on spotlight)
2. Force quit (gameoverlayui)
3. Now you can open steam now!

Confirmed, this is best way to do it
Malang Desu Apr 16, 2015 @ 3:18pm 
What I do to fix this issue is to search for Steam in finder, open the package contents, then right click the Steam icon. Fixes the broken application :) Then use the fixed Steam application shortcut instead of the old one.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Sep 3, 2014 @ 3:56am