levikk81 Mar 19, 2023 @ 1:02pm
Can't install steam on my mac
Hello, I've tried installing Steam over and over again but nothing works. I've read all the online help available, deleted it multiple times and tried to reinstall, I even found a couple articles about installing Homebrew and Rosetta 2 via the Terminal app. I did these things and still, it won't work. I go through the typical steps on the website, move the icon into my applications folder and then go find it, double click, verify I want to open it and then nothing happens. It doesn't download anything else - it just bounces in the tool bar and does nothing else. No matter what I do, this is all that happens.

I even went back to my old 2015 macbook pro and tried to install steam, same results. There MUST be some sort of setting on my machine that is preventing the install but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Please help!
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
fus10N Mar 21, 2023 @ 2:54pm 
Originally posted by levikk81:
Hello, I've tried installing Steam over and over again but nothing works. I've read all the online help available, deleted it multiple times and tried to reinstall, I even found a couple articles about installing Homebrew and Rosetta 2 via the Terminal app. I did these things and still, it won't work. I go through the typical steps on the website, move the icon into my applications folder and then go find it, double click, verify I want to open it and then nothing happens. It doesn't download anything else - it just bounces in the tool bar and does nothing else. No matter what I do, this is all that happens.

I even went back to my old 2015 macbook pro and tried to install steam, same results. There MUST be some sort of setting on my machine that is preventing the install but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Please help!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble installing Steam on your Mac. Here are some steps you can try:

Make sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for Steam. You can find the system requirements on the Steam website.

If you have any antivirus software or firewalls, temporarily disable them while you install Steam. Some security software can interfere with the installation process.

Delete any existing Steam files from your Mac. To do this, go to your Applications folder and drag the Steam application to the trash. Then, open your Library folder (hold down the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu in Finder), and delete any Steam-related files or folders you find there.

Download the Steam installer directly from the Steam website. Make sure that you download the Mac version of the installer.

Once the installer is downloaded, double-click on it to start the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

If none of these steps work, you may want to reach out to Steam support for further assistance.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 19, 2023 @ 1:02pm