Steam will stop running on MacOS in 0 days.
引用自 Valve
Starting on January 1 2019, Steam will officially stop supporting macOS versions 10.7 ("Lion"), 10.8 ("Mountain Lion"), 10.9 ("Mavericks") and 10.10 ("Yosemite"). This means that after that date the Steam Client will no longer run on those versions of macOS. In order to continue running Steam and any games or other products purchased through Steam, users will need to update to a more recent version of macOS.

The newest features in Steam rely on an embedded version of Google Chrome, which no longer functions on older versions of macOS. In addition, future versions of Steam will require macOS feature and security updates only present in macOS 10.11 ("El Capitan") and above.

Losing access to our Steam Games Library is an issue affecting many Mac Steam Users, and we are looking for answers. Many of us are not able to upgrade to a newer MacOS Version as it will cause some of our programs to not function properly or at all. Newer versions of MacOS have changed or stripped features that are essential to these programs. We have elected not to upgrade as these programs are used regularly as part of one's work, hobby or leisure.

Please, we legally purchased these games, they work on our respective Mac OS Versions and are advertised as such. By stating "Steam Will Stop Running" or "Steam will stop supporting" it means Valve is denying us access to our purchases. We do not need all the bells and whistles that will come from a newer version of Steam. We are simply asking that we may retain access to our current games library.
最後修改者:DASH O'PEPPER (Jimmy Whisper); 2018 年 12 月 31 日 下午 12:39
< >
目前顯示第 1-15 則留言,共 144
Ben Shapipeepoopoo 2018 年 12 月 13 日 下午 5:21 
I am in full agreement with this. I have an older Mac that simply cannot update beyond Yosemite but almost every game in my library is playable on my laptop and it's ridiculous that I'm going to be cut off from them just because I can't update to El Capitan.
Cathulhu 2018 年 12 月 14 日 上午 7:09 
C. NO GUARANTEES

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER VALVE NOR ITS AFFILIATES GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE OR SECURE OPERATION AND ACCESS TO STEAM, THE CONTENT AND SERVICES, YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS(S) OR ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/english/

You were never guaranteed to always have access to your account or games. It's not like older Macs are the only ones affected. It's the same with Windows XP. It's time to move on to something less ancient. Even my ten year old PC can run a current OS.
DASH O'PEPPER (Jimmy Whisper) 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 12:17 
引用自 Cathulhu
You were never guaranteed to always have access to your account or games. It's not like older Macs are the only ones affected. It's the same with Windows XP. It's time to move on to something less ancient. Even my ten year old PC can run a current OS.

EULAs are filled with legalize, that in many instances, is simply desigend to negate responsibility or liability on the company. There have been many cases where EULAs infringed on the rights of the individual and were thrown out in court. EULA validity is determined on a case to case basis and is not generally accepted or rejected. In fact, due to their pages long lengths, courts have rejected terms on the basis that the company assumed most people would not read them.

When it comes to this "NO GARUNTEE" clause. It has nothing to do with one's access to their games nor does it state that Valve may terminate service or access. Simply that Valve or the Game Developers can not garuntee Steam, its games, your account or services may be secure, error-free or virus-free continuously. It is protecting itself from hijacking and/or human error.

Language has meaning and if you hope to understand that meaning, you must place it in its proper context. This is similar to FCC Warnings on electronics.

引用自 FCC
This device may not cause harmful interference and this device must accept any interference received, even if it causes undesirable operation.
最後修改者:DASH O'PEPPER (Jimmy Whisper); 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 12:19
Risk 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 12:26 
I'm agree... I don't want upgrade my OS because I need other programs and aplications and the performance with Yosemite is ideal! I pay for the game and it's not fair can't play for this... It's stupid Steam!
NyukiFrost 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 2:47 
i agree as well. its hard to own a new mac these days and mines an early 2009 mac pro with yosemite installed. and yea, some programs dont work for newer os's. ive heard my dad talking to someone one time...he stated that most companies use windows xp or vista, if they got macs, then like maverics or yosemite. as stated earlier some programs wont work on newer os's. and the fact that their removing support for xp and vista along with os x versions 10.10 and below is basically a joke, xp and vista are idk how old. yosemite is 3 years old and el capitan is 2, well another year added cause 2019 is about to exist. i just find this confusing on y steam is doing this. also a lot of ppl are most likely gonna refund as they wont upgrade. this is gonna have valve loose alot of money.
Cathulhu 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 3:09 
In what backwater do you live that companies still rely on Vista and XP? Haven't seen one of those live in years working in IT.
Sure, you may find a few of those in OT, but that's the exception, not the rule.
Bad Intentions 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 3:13 
lol
C²C^Guyver |NZB| 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 5:53 
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/2/1744479063984354544/

Locking a topic doesn't mean start another one.
VanillaBaron 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 7:06 
引用自 Cathulhu
No, it's not the same with Windows XP because that OS actually is ancient -

Windows XP released 2001
Windows Vista released 2007
MacOS 10.9 Mavericks released 2013
MacOS 10.10 Yosemite released 2014

Steam will continue to support Windows 7, which was released in 2009. They are basing their support decisions on the number of users, not the age, of the operating systems.

As others have noted, EULAs are not enforceable over consumer laws. But consumer laws do not provide for extensive remedies. Some *may* be able to get a refund for purchases that were made within the last couple of months (and made before the warning appeared), at best.

Personally, I am not saying that Valve doesn't have the right to drop support for Mavericks and Yosemite, I am saying that they shouldn't do it because it is completely unnecessary.

The games we've bought run fine on these systems. Most of the Steam client (including the oh-so-important DRM) runs fine on these systems. They are dropping support because they want to use a new version of their embedded browser that doesn't run on these systems, despite the fact that many of us do not even use the browser.

引用自 C²C^Guyver |NZB|
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/2/1744479063984354544/

Locking a topic doesn't mean start another one.
There's nothing wrong with starting a new topic if the old one was locked because of a troll. It wasn't locked because the topic was inappropriate.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 7:13 
It really doesn't matter why it was closed, They will end support when they say they will.

100 topics will not prevent it.
notaninkling 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 7:24 
引用自 C²C^Guyver |NZB|
It really doesn't matter why it was closed, They will end support when they say they will.

100 topics will not prevent it.

I don't think we're concerned about full support. I don't care if the update means I can't download any new games. I care if the update means I can no longer play any games already installed on my computer (I have Yosemite). I think that would be ridiculous.

If anything, I'll switch over to my windows 7 partition if I have to but that drains my battery extremely fast.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 7:28 
Again.... no different than any OS facing dropped support (Windows XP) It will end when they say it will.
notaninkling 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 7:34 
Eh, it's still such a dumb decision in my mind to stop support for something that's only a few years old, but companies do love their money... Lesson learned though, I'm making sure I'll only buy from this place if I cannot find the product anywhere else. I should've just done that from the start but I'm an idiot. ^^;
最後修改者:notaninkling; 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 7:35
The Chicagoan 2018 年 12 月 14 日 下午 10:43 
引用自 Pixelman
i agree as well. its hard to own a new mac these days and mines an early 2009 mac pro with yosemite installed. and yea, some programs dont work for newer os's. ive heard my dad talking to someone one time...he stated that most companies use windows xp or vista, if they got macs, then like maverics or yosemite. as stated earlier some programs wont work on newer os's. and the fact that their removing support for xp and vista along with os x versions 10.10 and below is basically a joke, xp and vista are idk how old. yosemite is 3 years old and el capitan is 2, well another year added cause 2019 is about to exist. i just find this confusing on y steam is doing this. also a lot of ppl are most likely gonna refund as they wont upgrade. this is gonna have valve loose alot of money.
People can't refund crap. If you are past the 2 hour mark for the game or 2 week mark you are screwed. So your only option is to upgrade.
JORIMYᴰᴱᴰ 2018 年 12 月 15 日 上午 12:00 
@Chicagoan, please dont make this thread go down the same route as the last thread.

"Remember to keep all comments constructive, relevant and respectful when posting on the Steam forums."

Lets not start that again. Please :)
< >
目前顯示第 1-15 則留言,共 144
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2018 年 12 月 13 日 下午 5:13
回覆: 144