Panik_Knopf Oct 14, 2019 @ 3:28am
OSD of ASUS GPU Tweak 2 won´t work anymore!
I got a ASUS Graphiccard and Motherboard installed and use it with the optional ASUS GPU Tweak 2 since years now.
But 2 or 3 month ago, there was some updates (Steam, Radeon, Motherboard, Windows) and since then, the GPU Tweak 2 OSD will not work anymore.
Any suggestion how to fix this?

Software:
Windows 10 64bit Pro
GPU-Tweak Version V2.0.7.2
Radeon Version 19.10.1

Hardware:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3,8GHz
MB: ASUS PRIME B350M-A
RAM: 32 GB
Graphic: ASUS DUAL-RX580 8GB

(I have already tried to delete and reinstall GPU Tweak, but this didn´t fix the problem)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Bananarama Oct 14, 2019 @ 3:50am 
Delete the configuration file.

Just use MSI Afterburner. It's the standard go to for overclocking / osd tool. I'm also using it with an Asus GPU.
Panik_Knopf Oct 14, 2019 @ 5:01am 
I knew this will be the first comment:
First I used the searchbar and google, I know MSI Afterburner and I know that it is the tool "everybody" is using.
But I´m not an overclocker and I don´t wanna use MSI Afterburner!
My question is about GPU-Tweak
(If someone ask you about fishing, he didn´t wanna here about pork chop.)

As you could rede, I have already delete GPU Tweak and reinstalled it. This included a manuel regestry and drive C:\ cleaning.
But I tried it again:
- I deleted the OSD-conf-file = didn´t change anything
- I delete the whole GPU Tweak Aplication and reinstalled it again = Nope, still not working.
Bad 💀 Motha Oct 14, 2019 @ 7:46am 
It doesn't matter if you OC or not. Asus gpu tweak is terrible and msi AB has always been way better.

Uninstall the Asus one and install msi AB + RTSS. Unlock everything in msi AB settings and configure your sensors for osd. Then once applied open RTSS app and actually turn the osd on.
Spec_Ops_Ape Oct 14, 2019 @ 4:51pm 
Having a quick look through the ASUS Republic of Gamers forums, your not the only one. ASUS will most likely fix this in later versions but they are slow.
I'd suggest go back to an older known working one for now if you want to stick with the ASUS software.
Panik_Knopf Oct 15, 2019 @ 10:22am 
Originally posted by Spec_Ops_Ape:
Having a quick look through the ASUS Republic of Gamers forums, your not the only one. ASUS will most likely fix this in later versions but they are slow.
I'd suggest go back to an older known working one for now if you want to stick with the ASUS software.

Have tried it, but the latest available version is 2.07.xx (actual it is 2.10.xx), but it is still not working.
Panik_Knopf Oct 15, 2019 @ 10:24am 
Originally posted by Bad 💀 Motha:
It doesn't matter if you OC or not. Asus gpu tweak is terrible and msi AB has always been way better.

Uninstall the Asus one and install msi AB + RTSS. Unlock everything in msi AB settings and configure your sensors for osd. Then once applied open RTSS app and actually turn the osd on.

I only need a clock and a temperature overview and for this is ASUS GPU Tweak more then enough.
But I will give MSI AB a try!
[☥] - CJ - Oct 15, 2019 @ 1:48pm 
If the utility uses Rivatuner, update riva to the latest and see if that fixes it, it just came out with an update.
Bananarama Oct 15, 2019 @ 2:26pm 
Originally posted by A_Alhazred:
Originally posted by Bad 💀 Motha:
It doesn't matter if you OC or not. Asus gpu tweak is terrible and msi AB has always been way better.

Uninstall the Asus one and install msi AB + RTSS. Unlock everything in msi AB settings and configure your sensors for osd. Then once applied open RTSS app and actually turn the osd on.

I only need a clock and a temperature overview and for this is ASUS GPU Tweak more then enough.
But I will give MSI AB a try!

::::::::::::::))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
icon_75 May 31, 2020 @ 11:36am 
Hello Everyone! I tried to with my Asus Cerberus 1050Ti card a lot of versions of ASUS GPU Tweak 2, but the last version of program which is working with OSD is 1.8.5.6.
Bad 💀 Motha May 31, 2020 @ 12:07pm 
Always use MSI Afterburner regardless of what gpu you have.
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; May 31, 2020 @ 12:08pm
Panik_Knopf Jun 1, 2020 @ 3:42am 
8 month after starting with afterburner, I need to say it:
It's crap!

Yes! I got my clock in the upper right corner, but:
1. for this I need to install the riva tuner server too.
2. up to 30% of my games crashed or whan't start if afterburner is running.
3. If I start VM-Ware Horizon Client Connection (HomeOffice) the clock would be displayed too.

So if I measure the time I sit at my PC, I need to turn the afterburner off 80% off the time, but switching the autostart would end in not have the clock aktivated if I need it.
With GPU Tweak I never had this problems , so please stop making it the holy grale, it's just poo in a different taste.
Vulkan Jun 1, 2020 @ 5:19am 
Originally posted by Panik_Knopf:
8 month after starting with afterburner, I need to say it:
It's crap!

Yes! I got my clock in the upper right corner, but:
1. for this I need to install the riva tuner server too.
2. up to 30% of my games crashed or whan't start if afterburner is running.
3. If I start VM-Ware Horizon Client Connection (HomeOffice) the clock would be displayed too.

So if I measure the time I sit at my PC, I need to turn the afterburner off 80% off the time, but switching the autostart would end in not have the clock aktivated if I need it.
With GPU Tweak I never had this problems , so please stop making it the holy grale, it's just poo in a different taste.
Sounds like a you problem. Been using MSI after burner for 4 years and never had a single issue nor have a had a game crash due to using the overlay .
Bad 💀 Motha Jun 1, 2020 @ 7:05am 
Originally posted by Panik_Knopf:
8 month after starting with afterburner, I need to say it:
It's crap!

Yes! I got my clock in the upper right corner, but:
1. for this I need to install the riva tuner server too.
2. up to 30% of my games crashed or whan't start if afterburner is running.
3. If I start VM-Ware Horizon Client Connection (HomeOffice) the clock would be displayed too.

So if I measure the time I sit at my PC, I need to turn the afterburner off 80% off the time, but switching the autostart would end in not have the clock aktivated if I need it.
With GPU Tweak I never had this problems , so please stop making it the holy grale, it's just poo in a different taste.

Sounds like you just don't know how to use it. Msi Afterburner is what all the other brands base their gpu software off of, and they fail at it.

In MSI Afterburner make sure to select a proper Skin that shows all the options on the main screen for modern gpus, such as power limit and temp limit. Also set it to Kernel Mode and tick all the Unlock boxes
Did it start working for you again?

I had the same issue today, tried MSI afterburner too, didn't work either. Turns out the solution to this is:
1. Go to the game's steam page you're trying to get the OSD on (CS: GO for me)
2. Click on settings (the gear icon)
3. Look for "launch settings or options" there will be a text box given
4. Type in "-allow_third_party_software"

that's it! and everything works. GPU Tweak works, MSI Afterburner works!
There are times that it doesnt work because Rivatuner has to be updated, due to a Windows Update for example.

Also, this thread is around 2 years old
Last edited by [☥] - CJ -; Mar 19 @ 6:17am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 14, 2019 @ 3:28am
Posts: 20