I am planning to buy a new PC

My initials thoughts were
i7 9700k
Asus z390f Motherboard
not sure which brand to go with but 2080 super edition
4TB HD
256 GB ssd
16 GB RAM

Now with 3900x out should i go with that or choose to stay with the intel configuration

Would really appreciate if some on could advise on this and help me out of this limbo
< >
Viser 1630 av 65 kommentarer
shadwstrm 12. juli 2019 kl. 8.50 
I am fine going with 3900x or i7 9700k. Confuse between the two of them. Not going to go for 3700x
r.linder 12. juli 2019 kl. 8.55 
Opprinnelig skrevet av shadwstrm:
I am fine going with 3900x or i7 9700k. Confuse between the two of them. Not going to go for 3700x

If you're only gaming, the 9700K is the better option. Not worth paying way more when you don't need to.
shadwstrm 12. juli 2019 kl. 9.08 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Escorve:

If you're only gaming, the 9700K is the better option. Not worth paying way more when you don't need to.
I am planning to run machine learning models as well, but those are more GPU intensive as far as i know. If some one can please comment for the same and correct me, would really appreciate it
r.linder 12. juli 2019 kl. 9.09 

I am planning to run machine learning models as well, but those are more GPU intensive as far as i know. If some one can please comment for the same and correct me, would really appreciate it

If you're doing stuff like that, then I believe you'd want a 3900X or 9900k with a Radeon VII or RTX Titan.
shadwstrm 12. juli 2019 kl. 9.18 
RTX titan is out of the question,(Since i really cant afford that ) I found a article here. Focus is more on GPU for AI/ML
TLDR is at the bottom
https://timdettmers.com/2019/04/03/which-gpu-for-deep-learning/

Also just saw this article
https://www.techradar.com/news/leak-suggests-intel-10-core-comet-lake-cpu-could-beat-amd-ryzen-9-3900x
Sist redigert av shadwstrm; 12. juli 2019 kl. 9.42
hawkeye 12. juli 2019 kl. 12.10 

You might be interested in this -
https://www.coursera.org/specializations/tensorflow-in-practice

Most courses allow you to take the lessons for free. Getting the accreditation costs.

Machine learning can be run on anything. Depends on the technique. There was a Humble Bundle of AI books several months ago for a few bucks. Might still be there, or a new bundle.

Many are hoping that AI will one day create the first intelligent opponent ever in an online multiplayer game.
shadwstrm 14. juli 2019 kl. 23.14 
Opprinnelig skrevet av hawkeye:

Most courses allow you to take the lessons for free. Getting the accreditation costs.

Machine learning can be run on anything. Depends on the technique. There was a Humble Bundle of AI books several months ago for a few bucks. Might still be there, or a new bundle.

Many are hoping that AI will one day create the first intelligent opponent ever in an online multiplayer game.

I want this new build for two reasons:
1 Gaming
2 ML/DL

yes currently doing ML(Trying to learn ML/AI) on my Laptop, but DeepLearning would require a better hardware. Hence seeking advice
r.linder 14. juli 2019 kl. 23.19 
Opprinnelig skrevet av hawkeye:

1 Gaming
2 ML/DL

yes currently doing ML(Trying to learn ML/AI) on my Laptop, but DeepLearning would require a better hardware. Hence seeking advice

It's a fact that you need a powerful GPU for deep learning. 1080 Ti, Radeon VII, GTX and RTX Titan models, 2080 Ti, etc.

Price to performance wise, the 2080 Ti is the best GPU for deep learning as other cards have worse price-to-performance for that particular task because they don't compare, while the V100 is the best in terms of raw performance in deep learning while costing almost 8 times more.
Sist redigert av r.linder; 14. juli 2019 kl. 23.22
shadwstrm 14. juli 2019 kl. 23.28 

1 Gaming
2 ML/DL

It's a fact that you need a powerful GPU for deep learning. 1080 Ti, Radeon VII, GTX and RTX Titan models, 2080 Ti, etc.

Price to performance wise, the 2080 Ti is the best GPU for deep learning, while the V100 is the best in terms of raw performance in deep learning.

So the CPU will AMD or INTEL in this case shouldn't matter ?

I am planning to go with 2080 super edition, i believe 2080 will discontinue.

V100 is 6000$. My new PC will cost will cost 1/3 of the the price (Out of my Budget) .

Sist redigert av shadwstrm; 14. juli 2019 kl. 23.35
Monk 15. juli 2019 kl. 1.04 
If you want to overclock to 5GHz, go Intel, if you'll run it stock, go with the 3700 and save some cash to get an ssd to run your usual games on.

Doesn't sound like you will benefit from the 3900X.
shadwstrm 27. juli 2019 kl. 0.51 
I had a question regarding 2080ti different brands i see almost 300$ difference between galax and asus. Does it matter which brand i am going with ?
Sist redigert av shadwstrm; 27. juli 2019 kl. 1.09
r.linder 27. juli 2019 kl. 6.24 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Rumpelcrutchskin:
Opprinnelig skrevet av FeilDOW:
No need for a x570 board, a decent x470 will do the same. The 3700x on a x470 board will be just fine with the Wraith Prism cooler, sure you can go buy a AIO or expensive air cooler for 100Mhz more not really worth it tho.

I would not build new 3700X PC with X470 board, from what I heard BIOS updates have been kinda mess and why would you not get the new motherboard with PCI-E 4.0 support and other new features.
Quite a few reviewers have said that you should not count running the new Ryzens at their boost clock with stock coolers depending on the silicon lottery, not all chips are made equal so you should invest in better cooler with 3700X anyway.

New Ryzens pretty much demolish the Intel`s low and medium range CPUs like i3s and i5-9400, 9600K but for high end Intel can still hold its own pretty well if you are not into content creation and streaming.

Motherboard version has little to do with BIOS unless you get a 300 series board; even X570 has issues, and it's too early to care about PCI-e Gen4 full support because a) you get partial support on 300/400 series boards with a Zen2 processor installed, and b) Gen4 is really only necessary for workstation users/content creators who want the best.

In most situations, B450 and X470 are still very much good.

Though 3rd gen Ryzen doesn't really overclock any better than second generation.

I had a question regarding 2080ti different brands i see almost 300$ difference between galax and asus. Does it matter which brand i am going with ?

Just get the ASUS.
FeilDOW 27. juli 2019 kl. 6.31 
Opprinnelig skrevet av 【Escorve】:
Opprinnelig skrevet av Rumpelcrutchskin:

I would not build new 3700X PC with X470 board, from what I heard BIOS updates have been kinda mess and why would you not get the new motherboard with PCI-E 4.0 support and other new features.
Quite a few reviewers have said that you should not count running the new Ryzens at their boost clock with stock coolers depending on the silicon lottery, not all chips are made equal so you should invest in better cooler with 3700X anyway.

New Ryzens pretty much demolish the Intel`s low and medium range CPUs like i3s and i5-9400, 9600K but for high end Intel can still hold its own pretty well if you are not into content creation and streaming.

Motherboard version has little to do with BIOS unless you get a 300 series board; even X570 has issues, and it's too early to care about PCI-e Gen4 full support because a) you get partial support on 300/400 series boards with a Zen2 processor installed, and b) Gen4 is really only necessary for workstation users/content creators who want the best.

Though 3rd gen Ryzen doesn't really overclock any better than second generation.
I installed a 3600 in my Gigabyte x370 K7 board and have had zero issues, there isn't much difference between x470 and x370 boards.
r.linder 27. juli 2019 kl. 6.38 
Opprinnelig skrevet av FeilDOW:
Opprinnelig skrevet av 【Escorve】:

I installed a 3600 in my Gigabyte x370 K7 board and have had zero issues, there isn't much difference between x470 and x370 boards.

X370 and X470 are literally identical chipsets. It's just that 300 series boards get less attention because of poorer quality motherboard components.
Tiberius 27. juli 2019 kl. 7.12 
If you dont overclock:

-just stick to non-k cpu
-get the cheapest mobo
-get bigger ssd

If you wanna go amd:
-get 2000 ryzen
-get x370 board
-get bigger ssd

Ofc if ypu have no budget limit, just go ham on all pc parts
< >
Viser 1630 av 65 kommentarer