Ce sujet a été verrouillé
Forbid third-party DRM
If the developers who publish games on Steam can't rely on Steam to be viable DRM, then they shouldn't be allowed to sell games on Steam in the first place.
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 65
The game developer has the right to decide what DRM they want to use. Steam is a STORE FRONT, they sell stuff. if a game developer wants to use a different DRM or no DRM, that is entirely their choice

if you have a complaint about the choice of DRM a game has, post in that games forum
Dernière modification de Wolf Knight; 22 mai 2021 à 13h57
Keep in mind that in many cases, Steam is the third-party DRM.
Seretti a écrit :

First-party in this case. Anything else coming onto the Steam storefront is third party.

Wolf Knight a écrit :
The game developer has the right to decide what DRM they want to use. Steam is a STORE FRONT, they sell stuff. if a game developer wants to use a different DRM or no DRM, that is entirely their choice

if you have a complaint about the choice of DRM a game has, post in that games forum

1. Publishers never listen to consumers. If they ever did, they'd come out from their sheltered little buildings and do public Q and As without any moderation, and not dodge a single projectile that comes their way for a bad answer.

2. Steam is also a DRM service for video games. If publishers can't trust it to do the job alone, then the publishers are part of the problem.
Dernière modification de Garbage; 22 mai 2021 à 14h05
Valve isn't going to that that.

:qr:
Garbage a écrit :
Seretti a écrit :

First-party in this case. Anything else coming onto the Steam storefront is third party.

Wolf Knight a écrit :

1. Publishers never listen to consumers. If they ever did, they'd come out from their sheltered little buildings and do public Q and As without any moderation, and not dodge a single projectile that comes their way for a bad answer.

2. Steam is also a DRM service for video games. If publishers can't trust it to do the job alone, then the publishers are part of the problem.
so if I ask a game developer to add a race car to the game that has NOTHING TO DO WITH CARS or RACING, they must clearly be ignoring me for posting a stupid idea.

its their game, their decision what they do. they dont have to listen to YOU, and if you dont like what a game developer is doing, stop buying their products.
Wolf Knight a écrit :
Garbage a écrit :

so if I ask a game developer to add a race car to the game that has NOTHING TO DO WITH CARS or RACING, they must clearly be ignoring me for posting a stupid idea.

its their game, their decision what they do. they dont have to listen to YOU, and if you dont like what a game developer is doing, stop buying their products.

So how's your day at the Sony offices, bro?
If insulting is your only way to react to replies then this thread is going to be locked pretty fast.
I couldn't agree more. DRM doesn't even stop piracy anyway. It can only cause potential issues to legitimate players.
Every other store in the world allows 3rd party DRM. Somehow I don't see Steam doing a move that will lose them a ton of business for ♥♥♥♥♥ and giggles....
Youre free to

1) not buy them

Problem solved
brian9824 a écrit :
Every other store in the world allows 3rd party DRM. Somehow I don't see Steam doing a move that will lose them a ton of business for ♥♥♥♥♥ and giggles....

GOG doesn't. And there are games on the Epic Store that have DRM on Steam but don't have it there.
Satoru a écrit :
Youre free to

1) not buy them

Problem solved

Okay but get this:

Having the games that are published on the Steam storefront without any third-party DRM due to forcing the hands of publishers who have bought into delusions about games piracy being stopped by DRM.
I would go even further and demand that steam should forbid extra launchers. But I'm real enough to understand that even if steam wanted to that, they couldn't because they don't have the influence :(
legit a écrit :
I would go even further and demand that steam should forbid extra launchers. But I'm real enough to understand that even if steam wanted to that, they couldn't because they don't have the influence :(

Keep talking. I like the way you think.
I don't understand why you think publishers would ever stay on Steam at all if Valve started handing out long lists of what they can or can't do with their own games.
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 65
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 22 mai 2021 à 13h53