Dreakon13 2013년 2월 23일 오후 5시 00분
Controllers on PC
As a console convert, I'm really fighting the idea of getting a controller for my PC. Something about paying $1000 on a PC, just to play games the same way I did on the console doesn't sit well. And spending probably another $40 in the process to get a good wired Xbox 360 controller. I've been trying to make things work with the mouse and keyboard with all my games but there are too many games nowadays that play better with controller that I can't really fight it anymore.

Pretty much wind up playing shooters with mouse and keyboard, everything else with controller. Kind of lame but I don't think I have much choice these days.

Anyone else feel this way? Be kind of curious if anyone else out there were desperately trying to make M&K work for everything like I have been.

What would you guys recommend as far as controllers are concerned? Is the wired Xbox 360 controller the defacto solution for controllers on the PC? Any ways to get one fairly cheap? Haha...

If I ever wanted to rig up the PC in the living room with the nice TV... I hear that the wireless Xbox 360 controller receiver for the PC handles multiple controllers at once. Is that true, does it work well? Be good for any split screen/local multiplayer PC games like Castle Crashers or Portal 2.

Just kind of ranting/venting I guess, so I apologize lol. Any advice is appreciated.
Dreakon13 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 2월 23일 오후 5시 06분
< >
11개 댓글 중 1-11개 표시
Combatd 2013년 2월 23일 오후 5시 16분 
I bought the Logitech F310 which is detected by its driver as the "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" and most games map to the 360 controls on it, and it also has a mode you can switch to for programming your own button inputs.
Spacecraft 2013년 2월 23일 오후 5시 35분 
Controllers shouldn't be a console exclusive thing. Play whatever is the most fun way for you. The PC brings so much more to gaming than just keyboard+mouse.
Gus the Crocodile 2013년 2월 23일 오후 5시 47분 
Dreakon님이 먼저 게시:
Pretty much wind up playing shooters with mouse and keyboard, everything else with controller. Kind of lame but I don't think I have much choice these days.
That kind of surprises me, I find most everything works well with KB/M, but familiarity and taste are what they are.

But yeah, there's no reason to "fight it" :) Whether it's controllers or joysticks or steering wheels, you may as well use what you want to use, openness in hardware has always been a strength of the PC. I use a Gamecube controller when I need one, both because I like the pad and because buying an adapter was cheaper than buying a new controller...though I haven't tested if it still works since I upgraded to Win7 recently.
Myth 2013년 2월 23일 오후 5시 47분 
Use what you like, I prefer mouse and keyboard for most but some I use a PS3 controller, Dark Souls, Devil May Cry etc
sebastian1000 2013년 2월 23일 오후 5시 49분 
could some one help me with a problem for doom 3
Damonis 2013년 2월 23일 오후 7시 08분 
I use a wireless 360 controller for nba2k13 and dead space, and sometimes for oblivion. just use what you like. Never got any problems with it btw.
Dreakon13 2013년 2월 23일 오후 7시 56분 
Gus the Crocodile님이 먼저 게시:
Dreakon님이 먼저 게시:
That kind of surprises me, I find most everything works well with KB/M, but familiarity and taste are what they are.
Some games I've tried recently, like Sleeping Dogs... there are just too many buttons to press and having my hand jumping all over the keyboard. WASD to drive, some other button to hang outside of the car, another button to actually jump out of the car. Taking my hand off the movement buttons to aim the camera behind the car. Some button to target guys in melee combat, but I can't map it to the mouse (which is being used for the attacking) because that's currently mapped to aim guns. It's kind of a mess lol. Sleeping Dog's was actually much more comfortable when I tried it on console.

Might work better if I had one of those fancy like 16-button mouses (mice?) lol. Right now 99% of the load is being carried by my left hand on the keyboard and my right hand is dedicated only to aiming and shooting/attacking which isn't necessary at all times. A bit less efficient.

Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it... ideally I could just make all games work with mouse and keyboard. That was my goal originally.
Dreakon13 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 2월 23일 오후 8시 02분
Zetsuei | TTV 2013년 2월 24일 오전 2시 27분 
I find its a mix of preference and native controls in a game.

I have plenty of games on Steam and not on Steam that work with both. Lately though a good portion of games I own almost force me to use a controller becuase the PC controls are absolute garbage.

Want a prime example of horrid pc controls? Go try the demo for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. The PC controls in this game make you wonder if they even played the game with these settings to see if they even work or make sense. Sadly this isn't the first game I played which had horrid PC controls.

So if anything, it feels like Devs are either being extremely lazy or they don't care about the PC market. Makes me wonder what the real reason is.
rvnest03 2013년 2월 24일 오전 4시 49분 
it depends on the type of game ur playing, if its FPS, RTS, keyboard and mouse are the best, and controller are best for action adventure, survival horrors, rpg, etc.. so there nothing wrong using a controller in a PC, logitech gamepad is great, or u can chose genius usb controller its also work fine and much cheaper.
Kenny32673 2013년 2월 24일 오전 6시 07분 
I use an Xbox 360 controller on most games. FPS and Strategy games obviously are still better with mouse and keyboard but personally I find that most other games (platformers such as Sonic or third person games such as Assassin's Creed, GTA or Sleeping Dogs and driving games) are better with a controller thanks to analog controls.

If you want a controller that supports ALL games (all games with controller support that is) then something such as the Logitech F510/F710 would be the better option since it supports both DirectInput (which older games use) and Xinput (which newer games use),

The Xbox controller only supports Xinput and doesn't really work so well with DirectInput games (GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas just as examples) - the triggers and right analog stick for example won't work correctly if at all.
Kenny32673 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 2월 24일 오전 6시 19분
DrFusion3000 2013년 6월 21일 오전 8시 12분 
Gus the Crocodile님이 먼저 게시:
Dreakon님이 먼저 게시:

But yeah, there's no reason to "fight it" :) Whether it's controllers or joysticks or steering wheels, you may as well use what you want to use, openness in hardware has always been a strength of the PC. I use a Gamecube controller when I need one, both because I like the pad and because buying an adapter was cheaper than buying a new controller...though I haven't tested if it still works since I upgraded to Win7 recently.

how'd you get your GC controller to work? i bought the mayflash adapter, can't get anything to recognize the controller outside the setup manager in control panel.
< >
11개 댓글 중 1-11개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2013년 2월 23일 오후 5시 00분
게시글: 11