Dette emnet er blitt låst
Failed to Start the Game (Missing Executable)
Failed to Start the Game (Missing Executable)
I see the error "Failed to Start the Game (Missing Executable)" when launching a game through Steam. What can I do?

Well since most people won't find the solution here is something I tried, could work and could possibly not work.

This error results from the improper delivery of necessary game files. Please follow the steps below to initiate a small download of the missing content:
1.Completely exit Steam.
2.Navigate to your Steam installation folder (~C:\Program Files\Steam)
3.Delete the 'appcache' folder.
4.Restart your computer and attempt to launch the game through Steam

This should fix your problem. Thanks, post any problems and some feedback if this helped you!
< >
Viser 115 av 136 kommentarer
Pollo 18. mai 2013 kl. 14.35 
It does not help with the current problem of many users.
Readd me again guys 18. mai 2013 kl. 14.38 
Well, it fixed my problem, I don't know, but have you tried all the steps in the current order? All I can say now until Steam fixes the problem is to backup the files and reinstall the game.
Pollo 18. mai 2013 kl. 14.54 
Yup. Did it multiple times. Even reinstalled the game along with Steam twice. Still getting the error, just that the description changed from "Missing Executable" to just an "Unknown Error".
rogersnead 6. juni 2013 kl. 12.52 
No luck for me. game launched last night, with nothing having to be disabled. Never a problem. Then before going to bed, I fired up Trend Micro A/v, and this morning got the error. Disabled A/V and skype...which i never have to do.. still.nothing. got error..
FreakBoss 9. juni 2013 kl. 20.04 
Verifying integrity of game cache found many files to update/reinstall. It's only 20% complete, so we'll see.
Facedown 9. juni 2013 kl. 20.49 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Fr3EkBa2S:
Verifying integrity of game cache found many files to update/reinstall. It's only 20% complete, so we'll see.

That will fix it. It sounds like you are trying to play a game that needs to be updated to the Steampipe.
Recon Joe 16. juni 2013 kl. 20.23 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Pollo:
Yup. Did it multiple times. Even reinstalled the game along with Steam twice. Still getting the error, just that the description changed from "Missing Executable" to just an "Unknown Error".
I am getting the same problem.
Recon Joe 16. juni 2013 kl. 20.24 
I did all the steps but each time the apache folder came back and I still got the error.
LAB1ENUS 17. juni 2013 kl. 6.36 
Well I can't even find ~C:\Program Files\Steam on my computer, I've downloaded steam a while ago. I'm having this problem with Garry's mod so I might just back it up, delete the original and try starting up the new one.
LAB1ENUS 17. juni 2013 kl. 6.53 
Okay I fixed it, you go to your library and right click on the game that is "Missing Executable" and select properties, then go to local files and then do "verify integrity of game cache and it should fix it for you.
Melo 17. juni 2013 kl. 23.43 
Verifying the integrity of the game cache worked for me as well.
Aleksandr 20. juni 2013 kl. 14.25 
Verifying the integrity of the game cache didn't work for me.
littleman00 25. juni 2013 kl. 12.33 
Currently having this problem w/Left 4 Dead 2. I play with my officemates on Macs and we all had the same error pop up. Doing the "verify integrity of game cache" right now.
Zebundi 25. juni 2013 kl. 12.45 
I am also currently having the same problem with Left 4 Dead 2 on my mac. Deleting appcache didn't work.
littleman00 25. juni 2013 kl. 12.46 
Verifying didn't work. Told me there was 1 file missing and it will be reacquired. A small (around 12kb) file was downloaded, but game still doesn't run. Steam exited and restarted, no luck.
< >
Viser 115 av 136 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 18. mai 2013 kl. 14.22