Just baught 2 games & didnt get any steam XP from it...
Any thoughts out there?

As far as i know, thats the best way to get XP without crafting badges...

I'm Wondering why i got nothing for my purchaces?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
FFL2and3rocks Dec 20, 2014 @ 8:57pm 
You only get a tiny amount for each game, so don't expect to gain a level just by buying a few games. Look at your game collector badge, it shows you how much xp you have from your games.
Originally posted by FFL2and3rocks:
You only get a tiny amount for each game, so don't expect to gain a level just by buying a few games. Look at your game collector badge, it shows you how much xp you have from your games.

I am well aware of thet....
i posted this because before buying anything, XP was at 11,399... after buying 2 games, XP was at 11,399.
went up by littetrally nothing. wasnt expecting much but also wasnt expecting nothing...
SO thought i'd reach out & see if anyone can help to explain why that is.
Last edited by Guy Smiley (no mic); Dec 20, 2014 @ 9:06pm
Hanomaly Dec 20, 2014 @ 9:09pm 
i am level 41 and i dont notice level goin up too good from games anymore. if you are level bigger than me or about the same. maybe you don't notice it either.

i feel like i only get 1/2 xp or .5xp per game. maybe even less. now. i will buy a game and double check for you.
FFL2and3rocks Dec 20, 2014 @ 9:11pm 
Originally posted by Guy Smiley:
i posted this because before buying anything, XP was at 11,399... after buying 2 games, XP was at 11,399.
went up by littetrally nothing. wasnt expecting much but also wasnt expecting nothing...

Well your profile is private, so I couldn't know if you've been using Steam for 10 years or 10 hours. :paws:

What, specifically, did you just buy? All I can think of is you bought a DLC or something else that doesn't count as a game.
Originally posted by Hanomaly:
i am level 41 and i dont notice level goin up too good from games anymore. if you are level bigger than me or about the same. maybe you don't notice it either.

i feel like i only get 1/2 xp or .5xp per game. maybe even less. now. i will buy a game and double check for you.

Thanks! that may help cause im very curious if that IS the case... they shouldnt punnish us awsesome ppl for being so awesome ;-) lol... (I'm level 42)

Well your profile is private, so I couldn't know if you've been using Steam for 10 years or 10 hours. :paws:

What, specifically, did you just buy? All I can think of is you bought a DLC or something else that doesn't count as a game.

been on steam for well over 10 yrs, am a level 42 & baught castle crashers & binding of isaac

--> and my Inv is public, you'll see the games in there in gift form
Last edited by Guy Smiley (no mic); Dec 20, 2014 @ 9:16pm
That's strange, you should get at least 1 XP for each game on Steam that you add to your account (not including f2p games).

v Oh. Yeah, that would explain it.
Last edited by Quint the Alligator Snapper; Dec 20, 2014 @ 9:45pm
Dagnabbit Dec 20, 2014 @ 9:44pm 

been on steam for well over 10 yrs, am a level 42 & baught castle crashers & binding of isaac

They only grant exp if they're in your library...
Originally posted by Dagnabbit:

They only grant exp if they're in your library...

THANK YOU! for the nice simple answer... SO, if i add the games now would it count towards my XP? or would i have had to "puches for myself" when i baught them?
Adding the games from gift items has the same effect as purchasing them for yourself. The gifts are removed and those games become part of your library. You should thus find yourself with at least 2 more XP.
Last edited by Quint the Alligator Snapper; Dec 20, 2014 @ 10:03pm
Guy Smiley (no mic) Dec 20, 2014 @ 10:54pm 
Originally posted by Quint the Electric Catfish:
Adding the games from gift items has the same effect as purchasing them for yourself. The gifts are removed and those games become part of your library. You should thus find yourself with at least 2 more XP.

coool. thanks Quint!
Did it work?
LaRyy Dec 20, 2014 @ 11:20pm 
did thou work
Guy Smiley (no mic) Dec 20, 2014 @ 11:44pm 
i didnt want to risk it... just re-baught the $2 worth for my self & got 1 XP each... weak, but its better than notihn
76561199099919516 Dec 6, 2020 @ 12:14pm 
same happened to me i bought naruto game while i was lvl 0 and im still lvl 0. Please help me.BTW i buyed code for a game.

Last edited by HELENA ZIVKOVIC HAOS LOM; Dec 6, 2020 @ 12:14pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 20, 2014 @ 8:09pm