How to know if I'm really using the Nvidia graphics card?
Hello. I'm on a laptop with WIndows 8.1 and Nvidia gt755m. I can run Warframe maxed out 80fps. But what I wanna know is how I can be really sure if the game actually runs using the Nvidia card? because when the first-time I started the game it started with medium settings with a lower resolution. And after I've played it for a while, exited the game, I saw the Intel HD card icon at lower right of the tray tab so was like "why did that popped up?" Lol. Although the Nvidia control panel shows that Warframe is using the Nvidia Gpu, I'm still skeptical..
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Satoru Apr 7, 2014 @ 1:53pm 
You should force the Nvidia card via the Nvidia Control Panel.
Eskei Apr 7, 2014 @ 1:57pm 
Go to the control panel by right clicking the desktop then go to manage 3d settings then add a your steam game to the custom list there will be a graphics card you can select to run the game with.
KKiONI Apr 7, 2014 @ 1:58pm 
There is a tray icon you can enable in the Nvidia Control Panel that shows when a application is using your discrete GPU. In the Nvidia CP, goto Desktop -> Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area.

Other than that there isn't really much else (provided by Nvidia at least). My laptop changes the power indicator light colour depending on which GPU is in use, but not all do that.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 7, 2014 @ 1:46pm