Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 12:53am
Is it safe to login to HumbleBundle?
I just got a game key, it brings me to humblebundle and makes me put in my email. I do so and then it brings me to the site and asks me to login with my steam account. I know this may sound dumb, but is it 100% safe to do this? I've heard that people get bad links and get their account stolen by logging in. Thank you.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Caps Jun 13, 2014 @ 1:00am 
Did it say log in with Steam?
Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 1:00am 
Originally posted by Caps:
Yes, you login with steam in order to redeem your code.
Caps Jun 13, 2014 @ 1:01am 
Originally posted by |TK| Mintyfresh:

If it says login in with Steam you have nothing to worry about
Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 1:02am 
Just don't post your password on the site
I didn't, I logged in with my account and then it said redeemed to |TK| Mintyfresh
Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 1:02am 

Thanks for the help would you like a steam background
Caps Jun 13, 2014 @ 1:03am 

No thanks, I have enough
Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 1:03am 

No thanks, I have enough
Ok, have a good one :)
dylanmiguel Jun 13, 2014 @ 1:05am 
what's humble bundle
Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 1:05am 
Originally posted by A_Random_Guy:
what's humble bundle
It's a website that has good game deals. Once you buy a game from them you can redeem the code to your steam.
Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 11:39am 
Originally posted by fauxtronic:
Your reluctance to enter Steam username and password after going through a third party website (Humble or not) is wise. We should all be that security conscious, no matter how authentic and trustworthy the third party website seems.

You can do this for extra piece of mind though.

• Navigate to the Steam website.
  • Login as normal.
  • Do *not* close your browser.
  • Visit the third party website by clicking the link (Humble Bundle or whatever).
  • When it asks you to link your Steam account, you will now be required to simply press a button because you're already logged in. *Not* enter your username/password.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store
Here's a link to the store. Basically, when you get a game from them they email you a link that you then click. It takes you to the HumbleBundle store and has the verified domain thing. You enter username and password, and then it says redeemed to |TK| Mintyfresh. I have recieved the games so I don't think it's a bad site, but I always want to be sure.
Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 11:42am 
Originally posted by Muppet among Puppets:
Log in the steam community FIRST. So you dont insert your details anywhere else.

Yes, this is a wise thing to do. What I did though was insert my information into the website and then after I redeemed the first code, they didn't need me to insert it again to recieve another. In the HumbleBundle FAQ for steam keys, it states that you don't need a steam account and that they don't store info. I hope this is true.
http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1352577-steam-key-redemption-faq
Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 11:43am 
Also anyone that has helped and wants a Steam background can add me.
Mintyfresh Jun 13, 2014 @ 12:01pm 
Originally posted by fauxtronic:
Here's a link to the store. Basically, when you get a game from them they email you a link that you then click. It takes you to the HumbleBundle store and has the verified domain thing. You enter username and password, and then it says redeemed to |TK| Mintyfresh. I have recieved the games so I don't think it's a bad site, but I always want to be sure.

I know it's not a bad site. I've used it a million times before.

I'm just saying. Go to the Steam website first. THEN visit Humble Bundle. And when you need to link your Steam account you will *not* be prompted to enter your username and password. You just have to click a button.
Ok I see what you're saying. Thanks for the imput. Have a good day.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 13, 2014 @ 12:53am