This topic has been locked
What's the Point of Steam Achievements Anyway?
???
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Seretti Jun 30, 2015 @ 1:49pm 
Bragging rights and/or satisfaction.
Xpliciit Jun 30, 2015 @ 1:51pm 
I feel like by completing achievements you are playing the game to its fullest rather than just completing a campaign and never playing the game again you have some extra challenge by completing the achievements.

Other than that - bragging rights and satisfaction as other commenter says :P
Blade Jun 30, 2015 @ 1:53pm 
It's basically something else to strive to "achieve". Instead of doing the main campaign or multiplayer you can also attempt to get the achievements which add to your game completion on your steam profile etc.
Full Moon ™ Jun 30, 2015 @ 1:54pm 
But can we get rewards for that?
Seretti Jun 30, 2015 @ 1:55pm 
Originally posted by † Dark †:

Nope, no rewards except that fact that you might feel good about it :)
TheFulvousFox Jun 30, 2015 @ 1:56pm 
Originally posted by † Dark †:

You get to look awesome, that's your reward. They also give you something to do and a feeling of accomplishment.
Full Moon ™ Jun 30, 2015 @ 1:58pm 
That would be great to get at least 1XP for each Achievment you get xD
Astraea Kisaragi Jun 30, 2015 @ 2:01pm 
Then people would just use achievement managers to unlock them. Already enough fools use it even without it.
Full Moon ™ Jun 30, 2015 @ 2:02pm 
Originally posted by Astraea Kisaragi:
Then people would just use achievement managers to unlock them. Already enough fools use it even without it.
ahh that sux i hate those methods/
Nil Jun 30, 2015 @ 3:21pm 
They are practically useless, But enjoyable to get sometimes.
And I'd rather get them.

Unlike Xbox where you would usually get paid for Achievements.
I think Xbox has more of a "reason" to get achievements.
Merzbow Jun 30, 2015 @ 3:28pm 
They really just give more to do in a game after you beat it and have already completed personal achievements in that game. They just add more of an incentive to play. Take Terraria for example. I had about 55 hours before achievements and I was starting to get a bit bored, but then they added achievements and it's breathed new life into the game for me
Dmitrija Jun 29, 2016 @ 1:46am 
I think it should be VACable
Merzbow Jun 29, 2016 @ 9:47am 
Originally posted by Propane and Propane Accessories:
I think it should be VACable
Theres no point to VAC ban someone because they cheated achievements. Achievement's do nothing except give bragging rights
Beardface31 Jun 29, 2016 @ 9:52am 
Some are a lot of fun and a challenge. The gnome achievements in Half-Life 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 for example. They are a way for others to track your progress in a game as well.
Last edited by Beardface31; Jun 29, 2016 @ 9:52am
Zooas Aug 24, 2016 @ 5:01pm 
What would be cool is if you can use achievement like currency so that you can get something back from all those games you've bought over the years :steamhappy:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 30, 2015 @ 1:48pm