Logging into websites using steam account
I used this for bitskins and i wanted to know can they hack into my account? (I'm assuming yes) and like with facebook you can manage these things and undo it so can you do it with steam?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
jer Jan 11, 2016 @ 8:11pm 
They can't get any private information about your account if you sign in through a validated Steam login site.
Cedric Diggory Jan 11, 2016 @ 8:59pm 
Originally posted by Engie Turtle:
They can't get any private information about your account if you sign in through a validated Steam login site.
So is bitskin a validated steam login site?
 KARR™ Jan 12, 2016 @ 4:42am 
The login attempt on that site goes through https://steamcommunity.com/openid/.

The login happens on STEAMS servers, not on the other sites. The login there is fine.

If you are really worried, log into steam on your browser and then click the button on their site, it should tell you that you are logged in as <yournick> <youraccountname> and if you want to continue.

eg:

the site will be able to identify you within the Steam Community and retrieve public info such as your stats and achievements.
a unique numeric identifier will be shared with the site, rather than your Steam login credentials.
basic information about your Steam account will be shared with a third-party web site. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

K.A.R.R.
<MYACCOUNTNAME>
Not You?

Although it gives no guarantee that the site won't scam you out of money. Steam has no support for trading for money, which it looks like that is what the site is about!
Last edited by  KARR™; Jan 12, 2016 @ 4:43am
jer Jan 12, 2016 @ 7:57pm 
Originally posted by The Commando:
What I mean is if you sign in through a seperate Steam login site verified by Valve Corp. that gives publicly viewable information to the target site, then you're safe. If you ACTUALLY entered your account information directly onto the bitskins site, you should change your password immediately.
Cedric Diggory Jan 12, 2016 @ 11:27pm 
Originally posted by The Commando:
What I mean is if you sign in through a seperate Steam login site verified by Valve Corp. that gives publicly viewable information to the target site, then you're safe. If you ACTUALLY entered your account information directly onto the bitskins site, you should change your password immediately.
ok thanks
đRIS May 26, 2018 @ 8:49am 
i loged in stable-case ad an consured for my privacy
cSg|mc-Hotsauce May 26, 2018 @ 8:49am 
Originally posted by Boris:
i loged in stable-case ad an consured for my privacy

Nothing to worry about unless it was a fake login screen.

:qr:
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 11, 2016 @ 7:57pm