GeForce Experience + Ultrawide >>> squished resolution issue
I think a year ago or so GeForce Experience started squishing my 21:9 aspect recorded videos into 16:9. I tried various tweaks and fixes, nothing helped. I even DDU'd it out of my system completely, reinstalled, and it still didn't work.

I since then moved to Windows Game Bar for instant replays and stuff.
And GeForce Experience still squishes my videos from 3440x1440 to some 16:9 resolution. It does not remove black bars, just a squish.

If anyone had this problem and somehow solved it, I'd appreciate your wisdom.

RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800X, driver update regularly, tried every possible setting in the Overlay - Video Capture.

Funny thing is that it didn't use to squish videos and then suddenly started doing so, and now I cannot fix it for almost a year.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Iceira Mar 28 @ 3:24pm 
First check if Monitor Brand driver is made at Brand support page or they just use windows Drivers ( so graphic card know what it can do or not. )

This dont explan what Monitor you have or its Native Resolution, and we have seen Nvidia use DSR before then user dont want it in a game.

I cant say this is stardard setting that depend on Monitor and its Native Resolution most have 1920/1080, but that depend on Monitor and next gen screen is even bigger,

Also look like windows zoom with 125% or something like that, then thngs can look scaled or have you fiddle with Monitors own gui settings, even that can set edge and get borders, there is a reset button in monitors gui.

And do not OC while you faulthy finding, always a good advice, more a ruleout of issue with things not get done correctly.

and dont forget -gpu accelrations, both in windows and steam settings ( another issue with GPU then idt dont do it right. )

and yers you need skills to knwo where things is. ( or ask again or google them or other helper might want to explan how to do.

ps.
Feel free to ask Nvida live chat , thats what they are there for.
Last edited by Iceira; Mar 28 @ 3:28pm
Originally posted by Iceira:
First check if Monitor Brand driver is made at Brand support page or they just use windows Drivers ( so graphic card know what it can do or not. )

This dont explan what Monitor you have or its Native Resolution, and we have seen Nvidia use DSR before then user dont want it in a game.

I cant say this is stardard setting that depend on Monitor and its Native Resolution most have 1920/1080, but that depend on Monitor and next gen screen is even bigger,

Also look like windows zoom with 125% or something like that, then thngs can look scaled or have you fiddle with Monitors own gui settings, even that can set edge and get borders, there is a reset button in monitors gui.

and yers you need skills to knwo where things is. ( or ask again or google them or other helper might want to explan how to do.

ps.
Feel free to ask Nvida live chat , thats what they are there for.

I googled for hours, even found people with my issue but no resolution (pun intended).

My monitor is BenQ EX3415R.

desktop scaling is 125% but I tried default 100% and it didn't help.

what breaks my brain is that the issue wasn't there before, I captured proper 21:9 videos using GeForce Experience. Then it broke.

Also I remembered something important. It all happened after I decided to try Image Scaling. It forever broke video capture, even if it's disabled. Then after DDU it fixed, then I used Image Scaling again, and it broke again. I didn't bother to DDU the second time because I don't want to sit here and avoid a feature just so I don't break video capture again.
L M A O

While I was writing a ticket to Nvidia support, taking screenshots of settings, I found image scaling globally was off, but for one single game it was on, and it alone broke the entire video capture.

I turned it off and everything works fine now.
Iceira Mar 29 @ 11:19am 
And you are not the first and wont be the last that it will happend for.

( And good you can see the funny side of it, even then its not funny until solved. )
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 28 @ 2:11pm