This topic has been locked
Killjoy Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:26am
Steam Mobile Authenticator problem! ---FIX FOUND---
Today I wanted to trade some items so I had to confirm them on the phone app, but when I go to the confirmations tab I cant click on the trade that I need to accept.
Please help, also when I try to check my recovery code it just shows blank, without a single letter or number.

EDIT:
FIX FOUND!
I know for android only, never had an iOS phone.
Sign out of the app, go to the application manager (thats how it is called on my phone), find the steam app, Force Stop it and then tap Clear Cache, then sign in on the app again (dont wory the steam guard codes will stay below the sign in menu)
Last edited by Killjoy; Aug 3, 2016 @ 10:27am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Tev Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:29am 
Could you ensure your phone's time and timezone are still correct? Does its time update automatically too?

If you're on iOS, I'd probably also try rebooting the app. You can do this by pressing the [Home] -button twice and swiping up.
Last edited by Tev; Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:30am
Killjoy Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:34am 
Im on android but rebooting the app, the phone , nothing works.
But now, I tried singing out of the app, type in the correct username and password and it doesnt sign in.
I can see the code below the sign in menu but its not working.
Tev Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:34am 
Originally posted by DaKsTarrr CSGO2x.com:
Im on android but rebooting the app, the phone , nothing works.
But now, I tried singing out of the app, type in the correct username and password and it doesnt sign in.
I can see the code below the sign in menu but its not working.
Please ensure the time is correct and updates automatically.
Killjoy Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:36am 
Oh, forgot to answer about that, the time is correct and it updates automatically.
Im really confused now.
Tev Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:38am 
Oh, forgot to answer about that, the time is correct and it updates automatically.
Im really confused now.
Could you try to make it manual, then change the time wrong on purpose (don't put the timezone wrong though). Then set it back to automatic so it re-fetches the right time.

Does that make any difference? What about rebooting the whole phone?
Killjoy Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:43am 
Tried doing both of those things and nothing works, I cant sign in on the phone ;-;
I type in the username and password and it just wants me to sign in again and again....
Killjoy Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:56am 
I have found a way to fix it!
Just clear the Cache of the application.
I only know for android so, sign out of the app, go to the application manager (thats how it is called on my phone), find the steam app, Force Stop it and then tap Clear Cache, then sign in on the app again (dont wory the steam guard codes will stay below the sign in menu)
Hope it helped anyone else having this problem.
Tev Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:57am 
I have found a way to fix it!
Just clear the Cache of the application.
I only know for android so, sign out of the app, go to the application manager (thats how it is called on my phone), find the steam app, Force Stop it and then tap Clear Cache, then sign in on the app again (dont wory the steam guard codes will stay below the sign in menu)
Hope it helped anyone else having this problem.
Thanks for the heads up! :)

Glad to hear it's working for you now!
BBB Mar 27, 2016 @ 5:11am 
Thanks for the solution, clear cache helped me. I couldn't log in at all.
Killjoy Mar 27, 2016 @ 5:18am 
Im glad it helped :D
Cherry Aug 3, 2016 @ 4:30am 
thanks for help,now i have escrow
SpongeBob^ Aug 9, 2016 @ 3:31am 
This problem started after i cleared my cache :( . I cant do anything please helppppp
Killjoy Aug 9, 2016 @ 6:26am 
I could say that you can try clearing the app data but that might disable the codes, if it doesnt then its good, if it does disable the codes then you will have to reinstall the app and re-enable the app which means you will have to have the app 7 days again.
No other way to fixing it, trust me I have tryed everything after recreating the problem a few times.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 5, 2016 @ 4:26am