pieetrr Nov 20, 2020 @ 1:36am
Verifying login information error
While i am logged in steam it won't verify my login info...i guess?

Off the top of my head:
I can't view my market offers.
Can't put items on my wishlist.
Can't see what people from my friendlist have already bought the game im viewing currently.
Can't write a review.

Googling i only found locked threads with no help.I am starting a new one see if i can get some answers,hopefully.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
ReBoot Nov 20, 2020 @ 1:52am 
Delete Steam's web cache.
pieetrr Nov 20, 2020 @ 2:51am 
Just did that now for arguement's sake.Did not solve the issue.Thanks for trying though.
ReBoot Nov 20, 2020 @ 2:53am 
Do all this stuff works in another browser?
pieetrr Nov 20, 2020 @ 2:55am 
Yes,i am in a browser right now,i cant post on any discussion via steam platform,i only get notifications that there is a new comment but when i click on the notification itself its trying to verify my login info and ends up failing to do that every single time.
ReBoot Nov 20, 2020 @ 2:58am 
Originally posted by pieetrr:
Yes,i am in a browser right now,i cant post on any discussion via steam platform,i only get notifications that there is a new comment but when i click on the notification itself its trying to verify my login info and ends up failing to do that every single time.
So let me get this straight.
It doesn't work in browser and in Steam, or does it not work in browser but does in Steam?
In the latter case, my bet's on blocked cookies.
Last edited by ReBoot; Nov 20, 2020 @ 2:58am
pieetrr Nov 20, 2020 @ 3:03am 
No wait,sorry if i confused you.Steam that i have installed on my computer,i cant do anything,can't check discussions cant post reviews or interact with the market because it always tries to validate my login info and keeps failing to do so giving me an error.When i open steam on chrome it works fine and thats how i can create this topic and talk to you now.
ReBoot Nov 20, 2020 @ 3:10am 
Interesting. Can you do web stuff on the overlay? Non-Steam and Steam things?
MiSFiT203 Dec 18, 2020 @ 7:43pm 
having this problem myself now. wish there was an answer to this somewhere. last thing i did before this problem was yesterday i started up the steam app on tablet which i never use and tried to turn on steam authenticator but couldnt cause didnt know you need a mobile phone. now today im getting same error as the OP when i try to do anything in the steam client. its not happening on the website though. for chits and giggles i just tried disabling email verifications and tried again, same problem. i then turned email verification back on and even restarted steam but isnt helping.
Last edited by MiSFiT203; Dec 18, 2020 @ 7:56pm
Kubloo Dec 18, 2020 @ 7:58pm 
Originally posted by MiSFiT203:
having this problem myself now. wish there was an answer to this somewhere. last thing i did before this problem was yesterday i started up the steam app on tablet which i never use and tried to turn on steam authenticator but couldnt cause didnt know you need a mobile phone. now today im getting same error as the OP when i try to do anything in the steam client. its not happening on the website though. for chits and giggles i just tried disabling email verifications and tried again, same problem. i then turned email verification back on and even restarted steam but isnt helping.
It's a server issue, a few people are getting it today.
azureseed Feb 22, 2021 @ 7:50pm 
In case anyone else is searching the web and finding all the solutions provided didn't work for them, I had a completely separate resolution: I had to remove steam guard and re-add it. I was able to log in to steam from the client but my wishlist was inaccessible, I could not buy games due to the login verification popping up and failing, etc. In fact, in my case I could not even log in to steam via a browser. I'd authenticate and put in my steam guard code but it would just go back to the login page (steam client would authenticate and show me logged in). I could not submit a support ticket due to this problem as it would again try to do the login verification and say it could not reach a login server.

I verified it was an account issue as I tried logging in even from my cell phone's browser without being connected to wifi so I could be sure I was using the cell network to rule out local network or client issues. I created a dummy account and was able to authenticate without any issues. Deleting all internet cookies/history/passwords for the steam client browser, my local PC's browser, uninstalling/re-installing steam, checking port forwarding on my router, etc. were all tried to no avail.
pieetrr Feb 22, 2021 @ 9:56pm 
Sorry guys,mine got fixed on its own somehow,didn't do anything,can't really help the people still having this problem.
eazy Feb 22, 2021 @ 10:48pm 
you fix it?
pieetrr Feb 23, 2021 @ 9:10am 
It got fixed on its own,i didnt do anything for it,just ignored it and after a week it was fixed.Sorry i can't help.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 20, 2020 @ 1:36am