This topic has been locked
k W A Y Jun 17, 2020 @ 5:40am
Steam Guard Confirmation Error
I had some problems with confirmating something on my phone lately. When I tried to sell my csgo knife on market, I had to confirm the listing, but it said "It looks like there is a problem with the time or timezone settings on your device. You will not be able to act on any confirmations until that problem is resolved."
I really dont know what to do. If anyone knows what to do, please help. Thank you for any helpfull comment.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 113 comments
ijo Jun 17, 2020 @ 5:44am 
Try go to settings on phone and Clear Cache of Steam app (Dont click Clear Data, because You will be lose acces to Your Steam account)
Supafly Jun 17, 2020 @ 5:45am 
Make sure your phone has the correct date and time.
Glimmer Jun 17, 2020 @ 5:48am 
Disable auto-time and re-enable it, that usually forces a re-sync. Possibly a full restart of the device.

Could also try manually setting the time but the authenticator is very fussy about that so it's not advised. You will want to check the time from some service rather than a local device.
k W A Y Jun 17, 2020 @ 6:20am 
Originally posted by Suicidal Monkey:
Make sure your phone has the correct date and time.

yes it is correct
k W A Y Jun 17, 2020 @ 6:27am 
Originally posted by Sabrina:
Try go to settings on phone and Clear Cache of Steam app (Dont click Clear Data, because You will be lose acces to Your Steam account)
How do I do that ?
Supafly Jun 17, 2020 @ 6:32am 
Originally posted by ♥♥♥♥ u babe:
Originally posted by Sabrina:
How do I do that ?
Can differ slightly depending on phone. On My Note 8 it's

Swipe down from the top and touch the cog top right (settings)
Scroll down to apps and select it
Find Steam and select it
Select Storage
Clear cache (EDIT: only the cache not the data)

Try the app again
Last edited by Supafly; Jun 17, 2020 @ 6:32am
Stone_F@ced Jul 12, 2022 @ 9:43pm 
None of these are working does anyone have any other solutions.
Originally posted by Stone_F@ced:
None of these are working does anyone have any other solutions.
Currently broken i guess its been 2 hrs for me.. Tested in 3 accounts by vpn and 2 different isp... Indonesia region.
Magma Dragoon Jul 12, 2022 @ 11:03pm 
Mobile authenticator app lets me browse the forums, chat with friends, sub to workshop items, everything really, except confirming trades.
los crabos hermanos Jul 12, 2022 @ 11:43pm 
Isn't working in the US either
Bertaz Jul 12, 2022 @ 11:46pm 
Yes currently steam confirmation doesn't work. I'm in the EU
Coldore Jul 13, 2022 @ 12:05am 
down for me as well
Benband Jul 13, 2022 @ 12:24am 
Same in Brazil, as it seems
Leppie Jul 13, 2022 @ 12:33am 
Seems to be a global issue.
[ME] etneveL Jul 13, 2022 @ 12:33am 
Seems like a global issue with the server(s). Do not delete the authenticator, it won't fix it (tried it myself), hopefully Steam will do something about it, but it could take 8+ hours, mainly because they dev team is in West US, where it's night time right now.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 113 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 17, 2020 @ 5:40am