mike.xulima May 28, 2020 @ 8:14am
White screen in Steam Client
For about a week now the Steam Client (on Windows 10 for me) has been unusable, all I get is a blank white screen.

It works if I go in to the Big Picture mode, and I can also use a web browser.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
ᴺʸᵒ May 28, 2020 @ 1:31pm 
Try clearing Steam's web cache within the client settings.

Disable any external programs, usually anti-virus and so on, try again.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493

Those are general trouble-shooting guidelines that can apply to the same issue you have.
mike.xulima May 28, 2020 @ 3:40pm 
I had to uninstall it, I also ran a registry cleaner after that and rebooted.

Now it works. It had left behind a ton of dmp files, not sure what was wrong with it but I don't think it was firewall or spyware.
mike.xulima May 28, 2020 @ 7:14pm 
I also uninstalled Microsoft One Drive, which for some reason was where OOTP 21 was putting saved games. Not sure why it was being used that way but it would fill up 100%.
Player069 Feb 19, 2022 @ 10:48am 
help me man i have the same issue and i cant fix it my discord is Spyros#8806
mike.xulima Feb 23, 2022 @ 4:28pm 
Originally posted by Player069:
help me man i have the same issue and i cant fix it my discord is Spyros#8806

I had to uninstall Steam, and then I ran a registry cleaner. I used the free version of this tool:

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

You just go to its Registry icon, scan for issues, and let it fix whatever it finds. Scan a few times as it sometimes finds a few new ones after it runs the fixes.

Also uninstall Microsoft One Drive if it's on your PC. Some of the Steam games I had were saving things to it, and the free version doesn't have much storage space. This will make Steam use your own hard drive instead.

Then give your PC reboot, and then do a fresh install of Steam.
Player069 Feb 24, 2022 @ 3:10pm 
it didnt fix it for me
Player069 Feb 24, 2022 @ 3:20pm 
i fixed i i would like to thank u my savior
mike.xulima Feb 26, 2022 @ 7:33am 
Originally posted by Player069:
i fixed i i would like to thank u my savior

Cool!
OveyOver Mar 15, 2022 @ 6:02am 
Can you also fix it for me man my discord is Frost002y#2201
mike.xulima Mar 16, 2022 @ 3:05pm 
Originally posted by Frost:
Can you also fix it for me man my discord is Frost002y#2201

I don't have Discord, but pretty much try this:

- uninstall Steam

- download and install CCleaner, just get the free version (https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner)

- run CCleaner. Click the "Registry" icon, "Scan for Issues" and then let it fix whatever it finds. Run a couple more scans/fixes as it sometimes will find new issues after it runs the fix part.

- uninstall Microsoft One Drive

- now reboot the PC

- do a fresh install of Steam

You're pretty much getting rid of any hidden registry junk and also making Steam use your own hard drive (and not Microsoft One Drive). That did the trick for me.
Last edited by mike.xulima; Mar 16, 2022 @ 3:06pm
2SP3K Apr 1, 2022 @ 10:56pm 
The thing that fixed white screen for me is the command -no-cef-sandbox you put it in the target in the steam shortcut i hope it help
Living the Dream Apr 2, 2022 @ 7:11am 
Originally posted by 2SP3K:
The thing that fixed white screen for me is the command -no-cef-sandbox you put it in the target in the steam shortcut i hope it help

This is what I had to do as well. Thanks for listing it in the thread.
OveyOver Apr 2, 2022 @ 10:50am 
Uninstalling the steam completely from the directory and reinstalling it on drive C: fixed it for me
Rico Apr 21, 2022 @ 6:31pm 
hi, i have this problem and nothing help for this, someone can help me?
discord: ᛀ𝑜ᛖ𝑒ɾ#6969
ArKoV89K2A Jun 19, 2022 @ 10:01am 
Originally posted by mike.xulima:
I had to uninstall it, I also ran a registry cleaner after that and rebooted.

Now it works. It had left behind a ton of dmp files, not sure what was wrong with it but I don't think it was firewall or spyware.

I had the same problem, freshly assembled computer, installed win 10 and immediately upgraded to 11.
But I had divided the system disk into 2 partitions, the second is for installing games. On this 2 was installed steam. I uninstalled steam, cleaned the registry several times with cclener, restarted the computer, installed steam on the 1st partition where the system is. I don't know maybe it was only to clear the registry, but if that doesn't help anyone maybe they should pay attention to where steam is installed.
Last edited by ArKoV89K2A; Jun 19, 2022 @ 10:01am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 28, 2020 @ 8:14am