This topic has been locked
Rambley Jun 14, 2019 @ 2:49pm
Dualshock 4 doesn't work on games with native support
the games support to work with DS4 out of the box, but most games says there's no controller connected, halp?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Tev Jun 14, 2019 @ 3:05pm 
Name one game you're trying it with?

A lot of games don't support DualShock 4 on PC natively, and you'll have to use something like Steam's own DualShock 4 Controller Configuration support to use it in such games.
Rambley Jun 14, 2019 @ 3:28pm 
Originally posted by Teutep:

A lot of games don't support DualShock 4 on PC natively, and you'll have to use something like Steam's own DualShock 4 Controller Configuration support to use it in such games.

Stories: path of destinies
I meant native support as in the devs put DS4 supports built-in
Rambley Jun 14, 2019 @ 5:18pm 
bump, I need help
Tev Jun 15, 2019 @ 12:22am 
Originally posted by Kate Hanami:
Originally posted by Teutep:

Stories: path of destinies
I meant native support as in the devs put DS4 supports built-in
Yeah, I understood that's what you meant.

PCGW suggests it should work too,
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Stories:_The_Path_of_Destinies#Input_settings

I guess I'll try it (first with the configurator enabled; see if the button icons and lightbar function as intended.), seeing that I somehow own that game. Must've been some bundle. Apparently free on Steam last year.

EDIT:
Okay so, here's my experience with this game (I use DualShock 4 v2 for reference.)
Attempt #
Bluetooth Connection
Controller Configurator
DualShock prompts & Contextual Lighting
Functionality
:correctamundo:
Gamepad with Camera Controls
:TryAgain: Xbox icons
:TryAgain:
N/A
#3 (I remember Okami HD having its own profile for DS4)
Gamepad
:TryAgain: Xbox icons
N/A
tl;dr: I get DualShock 4 prompts and the contextual lighting if I use the controller with the microUSB B x USB A cable. It does not work for me under Bluetooth for this game.

EDIT #2:
Answered your original thread as well,
https://steamcommunity.com/app/439190/discussions/0/1639788130275919872/#c1639788130277931344
Last edited by Tev; Jun 15, 2019 @ 12:48am
Add your game to Steam as 3-rd party one and launch it using Steam Big Picture mode
Supafly Mar 23 @ 2:56am 
Originally posted by Halogen4ik:
Add your game to Steam as 3-rd party one and launch it using Steam Big Picture mode

Did you really need to necro a 5 year old thread for that? 5 years later it's safe to assume the issue has be sorted. If it hadn't the OP would have continued asking for help

Congrats on getting yet another necro'd thread locked by a Moderator that will be here shortly
Katie Mar 23 @ 7:54am 
This thread was quite old before the recent post, so we're locking it to prevent confusion.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019 @ 2:49pm