BEST BUY STEAM GIFT CARDS
Anyone else having issues with best buy steam card .i bought my husband a $50.00 gift card saturday and here it is tuesday and it still sayig its not activated give it a few hours. Take it back to retailer FOR ACTIVATION..belive me when i say i have done this and best buy got stupid on me .i have ben in a 3 ring circus back and forth SINCE SATURDAY
Last edited by Imperatorex Caprae; Nov 29, 2016 @ 5:52am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
76561198218426745 Nov 29, 2016 @ 5:53am 
If after three days the card is still saying it's not activated, it's not activated. You will need to go back to the store with a receipt, ask to speak to a manager if necessary. Steam cannot assist you with activating a card.
I HAVE DONE THAT AND BEST BUY SAYS STEAM NEEDS TO FIX IT ON THERE END
Cathulhu Nov 29, 2016 @ 5:59am 
Then they are wrong. Demand the card to be activated or replaced. If they don't do so, demand to see the manager.
Hanomaly Nov 29, 2016 @ 6:00am 
Best Buy doesn't seem to know what they are talking about then.

i'd request a refund from Best Buy, to be honest. Or tell them you want to exchange the broken card for a NEW one that will work. Or return it entirely, and buy from another shop. Or just directly fund your husbands Steam Wallet right through Steam with your credit card or paypal or something and skip the Steam Wallet Code Card all together.

As habitualaction says, ask to speak to a manager if need be.
76561198218426745 Nov 29, 2016 @ 6:01am 
Steam cannot activate a card. That must be done by the retailer at the time of purchase. If the retailer will not resolve your issue, I am afraid you are out of luck. If you paid via a credit or debit card, you could open a dispute with your bank. Otherwise you could try to go through the Better Business Bureau, or just take your business elsewhere.
i asked for the card to be replaced and they said the system wouldnt allow it and that sream would have to fix it .
The Steam Wallet code you have entered does not appear to be activated. Please note that it may take several hours after time of purchase before activation is completed by your retailer. If the problem persists, please return to where the code was purchased for further assistance.
Cathulhu Nov 29, 2016 @ 6:03am 
They are again, wrong. Either by not knowing, or deliberately lying.
By buying that card you have a contract that so far they didn't help up, by supplying a working card.

Quoting the message from Steam won't help you. Keep talking with the store where you bought the card.
Last edited by Cathulhu; Nov 29, 2016 @ 6:04am
thats what it keeps saying and even after showing best buy that satyrday they still sent me home with same card and told me to talk with steam .theres nothing they can do
Hanomaly Nov 29, 2016 @ 6:04am 
Originally posted by Imperatorex Caprae:
The Steam Wallet code you have entered does not appear to be activated. Please note that it may take several hours after time of purchase before activation is completed by your retailer. If the problem persists, please return to where the code was purchased for further assistance.
As everyone here has said, Best Buy needs to fix this. Not Steam/Valve.
No matter what Best Buy is telling you in order to "push off" the blame on Steam, Best Buy is wrong.

Have you asked to speak with a manager instead of just a regular clerk?
i bought a crad on friday in tampa went to go put it in and look likesomeone took the hole strip off the back you could only see the indensuions of the the last 2 numbers,took that one back.to lakeland best buy.the guy now get this gives me a new card but scatches the back of my card in fron of me and says its company policy i get card home give it to my husband to put in . go back up to best buy 3rd trip now tell them whats going on the guy (not the same guy that scratched the back of card) bascically called me a liar until i showed him the screen shot of the card not bing activated. this is what i have been throgh since saturday morning
btw im not pushig the blame on steam .i didnt buy the card from steam. i bought it from best buy and best buy should fix it im just relaying what they said to me
76561198218426745 Nov 29, 2016 @ 6:19am 
I empathize with your situation, I really do. But Steam cannot assist you with cards that have not been activated. This is an issue with Best Buy, and it's on them to resolve this. If they will not help you, then I would look into getting my money returned.
萝莉大魔王 Nov 29, 2016 @ 6:21am 
王军
末日使者 Nov 29, 2016 @ 6:21am 
狗嗨是狗
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 29, 2016 @ 5:51am