This topic has been locked
Nya~tasha Sep 29, 2017 @ 4:02am
FATAL ERROR:STEAM NEEDS TO BE ONLINE TO UPDATE!
GUYS GUYS GUYS i need help!!! please. a few days ago i launched steam and as i was about to update CSGO its stuck at 0kbps/0kbps then i tried relogging in steam. it still haven't work. Later i uninstalled steam and when i am trying to reinstall steam, i launch steam.exe and then it says updating steam, but after a few seconds it automatically stop and popped out a Error screen saying Fatal Error:steam needs to be online to update please check internet connection. I soon realised its my steam that can't connect to the internet, i tried reinstalling alot of times, i even tried turning off my firewall and anti-virus and it still doesnt work, please help i really want to play steam games T T
< >
Showing 1-15 of 72 comments
Nya~tasha Sep 29, 2017 @ 4:12am 
more info:smartscreen can't be reached right now, check your internet connection. Windows Defender Smartscreen is unreachble and can't help you decide if the app is ok to tun
Publisher:Valve
App:Steamsetup
KennyS Sep 29, 2017 @ 7:11am 
try this
1. uninstall steam (be sure to copy first your games but if the internet is not a problem then go ahead and uninstall it)
2. before installing steam again, follow this step:
a. open control panel by typing it on start
b. go to internet options -> connections -> LAN settings
c. Make sure that in Automatic Configuration the Automatically detect settings box stays UNCHECKED.
3.Install steam

enjoy :)
aizj Sep 29, 2017 @ 11:48am 
Originally posted by Elli0t:
try this
1. uninstall steam (be sure to copy first your games but if the internet is not a problem then go ahead and uninstall it)
c. Make sure that in Automatic Configuration the Automatically detect settings box stays UNCHECKED.
3.Install steam

Thanks! It's reinstalling everything now although slowly.. Do you perhaps know why it suddenly did that?
Last edited by aizj; Sep 29, 2017 @ 11:49am
TOKONTOLTOKYO Sep 29, 2017 @ 11:58am 
Steam needs to be online to update, Please check your network connection and try again
Problem is, Internet is working for every other things except steam. F.Y.I Firewall and compability doesn't work as I tried it and I'm on Windows 10 Home. Tried deleting Steam and reinstalling but it doesn't work too.
Thanks
Nya~tasha Sep 29, 2017 @ 7:52pm 
try this
3.Install steam

thanks alot eliot omggg u help me so much. Thanks.
:))))))))))))))))))))) you can try eliot instructions it really worked!
Omg once again thanks alot😂
TOKONTOLTOKYO Sep 29, 2017 @ 8:59pm 
Elliot, You do not know how you seriously saved my life today. I can't thank you enough man. THANK YOU!!!!! IT works like a miracle
KennyS Sep 29, 2017 @ 10:12pm 
Originally posted by MN(aiz):
try this
3.Install steam

Thanks! It's reinstalling everything now although slowly.. Do you perhaps know why it suddenly did that?

tbh, I really don't know what caused that issue though, magic perhaps? lol btw, glad I helped you :)
KennyS Sep 29, 2017 @ 10:13pm 
Originally posted by :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):
Steam needs to be online to update, Please check your network connection and try again
Problem is, Internet is working for every other things except steam. F.Y.I Firewall and compability doesn't work as I tried it and I'm on Windows 10 Home. Tried deleting Steam and reinstalling but it doesn't work too.

try my instructions :)
KennyS Sep 29, 2017 @ 10:13pm 
Originally posted by Chibimooi:
try this
3.Install steam

thanks alot eliot omggg u help me so much. Thanks.
:))))))))))))))))))))) you can try eliot instructions it really worked!
Omg once again thanks alot😂

Cheers!! Glad I helped you :steamhappy:
KennyS Sep 29, 2017 @ 10:14pm 
Originally posted by :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):
Elliot, You do not know how you seriously saved my life today. I can't thank you enough man. THANK YOU!!!!! IT works like a miracle

yay!! hahaha glad I helped :)
Psalm 27:1 Sep 29, 2017 @ 10:43pm 
This helped me with 0kbps problem.

https://youtu.be/jnewbKGvAlE
Mxrt-MerLiNz Sep 29, 2017 @ 10:45pm 
try this
3.Install steam

WTF THIS WORKS....
THINGS LIKE EVEN REINSTALLING WINDOWS DIDN'T FIX IT BUT THIS DID!!??
THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN. I DONT EVEN KNOW IF THAT OPTIONS IS SUPPOSED TO BE CHECKED OR NO, IF NOT HOW THE HELL IT''S CHECK BY ITS OWN LUL.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH (if only i read this much earlier lul i dont have to re install my windows T.T)
KennyS Sep 29, 2017 @ 11:44pm 
Originally posted by Coma Cheese:
try this
3.Install steam

WTF THIS WORKS....
THINGS LIKE EVEN REINSTALLING WINDOWS DIDN'T FIX IT BUT THIS DID!!??
THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN. I DONT EVEN KNOW IF THAT OPTIONS IS SUPPOSED TO BE CHECKED OR NO, IF NOT HOW THE HELL IT''S CHECK BY ITS OWN LUL.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH (if only i read this much earlier lul i dont have to re install my windows T.T)

LMAAOOOOO HAHAHA Glad I helped you :) cheers!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 72 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Sep 29, 2017 @ 4:02am