This topic has been locked
Getting Steam on a admin protected PC
Let's say you're using a PC at work/school(which is admin protected) and most of the sites are blocked by a server, even with that i can check out the Steam Community(profiles, friend activity, inventory, but cannot log into Steam Store, Market), but that's not the deal.

I found this video on YouTube where you need to create a .bat.file and download a Steam Client without it asking an Admin permission:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ED9X_1MrPQ

I wonder it might stop downloading client from the Steam website, what's the best thing to get SteamSetup.exe be downloaded to the desktop? That's the only thing i want to know right now.
Maybe i should give my friend a flash drive so he could move copy of SteamSetup.exe into it or change the VPN on the PC in my work.

What do you suggest guys, how it should work?

Thanks in advance:stoss:
Last edited by Gun Metal Grey; Nov 12, 2017 @ 4:11am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Gun Metal Grey Nov 12, 2017 @ 4:13am 
bump
FMP Nov 12, 2017 @ 4:44am 
Ask the admin permission to install it. Your user account is limited for a reason.
Last edited by FMP; Nov 12, 2017 @ 4:45am
Gun Metal Grey Nov 12, 2017 @ 5:26am 
Originally posted by GDL:
Ask the admin permission to install it. Your user account is limited for a reason.

Truth is, in this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ building no one knows the password for the administrator. I can't wait that long for the removing of the password. Simply no one cares about it.
:/
FMP Nov 12, 2017 @ 5:49am 
You don't have a choice.
Gun Metal Grey Nov 12, 2017 @ 5:51am 
Originally posted by GDL:
You don't have a choice.

Well,♥♥♥♥ happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the answer tho, i appreciate it.:dallas:
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 12, 2017 @ 4:01am