Where are crash log files?
I am getting a expect strange bugs error on an xml file I have edited and would really not like to simply replace the file with the base file or look through it to find the error myself. Everywhere on the internet has told me to look in the logs or dumps folders in steam, but cannot find the crash log file anywhere. Any suggestions on this?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Wickid_Splat Feb 21, 2017 @ 11:27pm 
Not sure but i think if they dont exist then whatever is happening is not fatal enough to create them. Or is caused by something else outside of the game.
Last edited by Wickid_Splat; Feb 21, 2017 @ 11:28pm
DragonNation5523 Feb 21, 2017 @ 11:30pm 
unfortunately it's fatal enough so that I cannot run the game, so I cannot just run the game and from that find out where the error is
Wickid_Splat Feb 22, 2017 @ 12:04am 
I would suggest either verifying the cache of the game, or reinstalling it. Just make sure after you uninstall to verify that the folder is gone..
Seven7 Feb 22, 2017 @ 12:27am 
%steam root%\.log in root folder - look problem with overlay
%steam root%\logs\_log.txt most steam logs here
bootstrap_log.txt - self update log - look problem with disk, firewall, av, network
content_log.txt - content update log - look problem with disk, firewall, av, network
service_log.txt - steamservice.exe log - look problem with firewall
installscript_log.txt - look problem with install game and thrid-party components (directx, .net, visual c++, etc.)
remote_connections.txt - look problem with broadcasting

%steam root%\bin\cef\cef.win(7 or xp)\debug.log - first CEF log
c:\users\%user%\\AppData\Local\CEF\ - another CEF logs
\steamapps\common\%game or publisher%\%crash \ debug%.log \ txt mdmp
c:\users\%user%\documents\%game or publisher%\
c:\users\%user%\AppData\Local\%game or publisher%\
c:\users\%user%\AppData\Roaming%game or publisher%\

+ some logs in c:\windows\temp\
c:\users\%user%\AppData\Local\Temp
c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\WER\
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a411c3fe-3f12-409f-b06d-62abba614cf6/location-of-wer-mdump-and-wer-file?forum=isv
Last edited by Seven7; Feb 22, 2017 @ 12:29am
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 21, 2017 @ 11:25pm