This topic has been locked
Horizon Apr 30, 2017 @ 9:26am
Source SDK base 2007 appeared on profile?
I have no idea what it is or how it got there but I have 0.7 hours in source SDK base 2007?
What is that?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Tev Apr 30, 2017 @ 9:32am 
It's a tool under [Library > Tools]

You probably played some SourceMod.
Horizon May 1, 2017 @ 1:17am 
Originally posted by Teutep:
It's a tool under [Library > Tools]

You probably played some SourceMod.
Thanks for the info, turns out it was an overhaul mod for gta 5 that steam recognised it as 2007 sdk (?)
Tev May 1, 2017 @ 1:21am 
I'd find that weird, considering GTA5 runs on RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine), and not on Valve's Source.

SourceMods are the like of Nightmare House; Grey; the pre-Steam-Store-Stanley-Parable and co.

Easy way to check is if you have any files here,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods

Not like you could really install them without knowing though.
Astraea Kisaragi May 1, 2017 @ 1:22am 
Basically we all own those tools, even to games which we don't have.
Horizon May 1, 2017 @ 1:26am 
Originally posted by Teutep:
I'd find that weird, considering GTA5 runs on RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine), and not on Valve's Source.

SourceMods are the like of Nightmare House; Grey; the pre-Steam-Store-Stanley-Parable and co.

Easy way to check is if you have any files here,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods

Not like you could really install them without knowing though.
Interesting, the only thing source related I have played in a while is cs:go, I have never played any source mods or source modding tools..

the gta mod did match the playtime and my sourcemods folder is empty, very weird
Tev May 1, 2017 @ 1:31am 
Well, easy way to check is to continue using the mod and see if that increases its playtime.

Color me surprised if that's what it is though.
☂☂☂ May 1, 2017 @ 1:37am 
It could be
Horizon May 1, 2017 @ 2:17am 
Yup continuing to play increases the playtime, its not a mod off of steam, if thats one thing
Seven7 May 1, 2017 @ 2:24am 
OP used pirated game and fake Steam or use cheat or he used tool for open achievments and farming gaming cards - it have bug, - increase gaming time, even if game not launched
Horizon May 1, 2017 @ 2:40am 
Originally posted by Seven7:
OP used pirated game and fake Steam or use cheat or he used tool for open achievments and farming gaming cards - it have bug, - increase gaming time, even if game not launched
oh yeah I play modded in singleplayer, accidentally clicked on the achievments tab going through a mod menu.

No card farming or game time increasing here ? would not know what makes you think that
$ny Jan 25, 2018 @ 7:26pm 
if u have fiveM for gta thats what it is :D its something that u play online gta like join somones server and not the official stuff
Horizon Jan 26, 2018 @ 1:15am 
Originally posted by $ny:
if u have fiveM for gta thats what it is :D its something that u play online gta like join somones server and not the official stuff
Yup it was FiveM that did it
kim Aug 16, 2018 @ 6:11am 
Originally posted by Horizon:
I have no idea what it is or how it got there but I have 0.7 hours in source SDK base 2007?
What is that?
Yeah if you use FiveM, it will use the Source SDK base 2007 to run on steam, in case you need servers that require Steam ID, that app will appear on steam.
Yes it allows \\fiveM to access the game file to open and add mods, it's safe.
and Steam shows your playtime as Source SDK Base 2007 because that's the file that Steam opened
Last edited by Ziggy The Adventurer; Oct 20, 2018 @ 4:02pm
Salvis Nov 24, 2018 @ 8:28pm 
Originally posted by Ziggy:
Yes it allows \\fiveM to access the game file to open and add mods, it's safe.
and Steam shows your playtime as Source SDK Base 2007 because that's the file that Steam opened
would it be possible to make it that it doesnt count the time or i guess open source sdk base 2007?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 30, 2017 @ 9:26am