Bertram Apr 21, 2017 @ 3:37am
Need help with xfire friends and more!!
How are y'all doing guys,

I'm just gonna be honest here, i got back from prison earlier this year, i've been there a pretty long time and now i'm trying to get back into gaming again and bought my first steam game a few weeks ago, which didn't work but thats ok. i could use some help with a few problems i'm dealin with right now, i would ask everyone to not judge me and hope that y'all be so kind to just answer a few of my questions

1.The last game i played was call of duty 2, back in 2007. i was using xfire. i see now that xfire does not exist anymore, is there a way to find my old friends from xfire back on steam?

2.I tried to add my call of duty 2 key on steam but it says its invalid.. do i need to purchase it again? i have it on cd but i cant add it on my steam profile

3.A friend says that you need steam for every game now, even if you buy it in the store, is this true, how is that possible if you just buy a cd version and install it, why do i still need steam?

Thank you for taking the time to read this everyone.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
sNf&Ioana1 Apr 21, 2017 @ 3:40am 
sasdsad
Tev Apr 21, 2017 @ 3:41am 
  1. I don't think so, no. Sorry. If you can find some cached page on your Xfire friendslist, you could maybe use that as a reference when looking up your friends

2. You can add it to Steam as a non-Steam game. Then it should launch through Steam, and generally has the Steam in-game overlay. Only Modern Warfare 2 and newer use Steamworks DRM in which every CD-key goes through Steam. In older cases, it's either a no, or some specific digital storefront.

i.e. Max Payne 3 digital activates through Steam (and Rockstar Games' Social Club) if bought from Amazon; physical activates through Rockstar Games' Social Club.

3. Not for every game, no. Take for example, Overwatch. That's activated through Blizzard's own Blizzard App. As I said in #2, a lot of games these days use Steamworks DRM though. You can check which do generally from http://pcgamingwiki.com
Last edited by Tev; Apr 21, 2017 @ 3:44am
sNf&Ioana1 Apr 21, 2017 @ 3:41am 
gfjtghjkl
Tev Apr 21, 2017 @ 3:42am 
Originally posted by Zap4Life:
gfjtghjkl
Congratulations, your spamming was completely unneeded and you didn't get the badge task because you followed at least more than a year old guide.

What a way to make a fool out of yourself.
Bertram Apr 21, 2017 @ 3:49am 
Thank you very very much Teutep, you really helped me with your answers.

I really appreciate it!
Tev Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:10am 
Considering your Steam username, and this forum's post dates, it might be coincidental, but you could find some of your friends here?

At least I'm assuming this is you,
Xfire: -snip- Bertramsharpshot

http://archive1.forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=274197&page=1&highlight=

They're 2008's posts, so not as old as 2007, but nonetheless.
Last edited by Tev; Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:10am
Bertram Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:24am 
That's not me unfortunately. I left my house in november 2007. I don't know my username anymore. I do remember changing my nickname alot, i called myself CrazySniper and TheDragon alot. There probably isn't a way to request your username back from Xfire is there? :(

Oh well, it's also highly possible that all of my friends stopped playing videogames or didn't come to steam, or maybe don't even know me anymore.

But i do want to thank you for taking the effort to try and help me. No one has done that for me in a long time. THANK YOU and god bless you.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 21, 2017 @ 3:37am