全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
このトピックはロックされています
Deathlok (禁止済) 2013年3月30日 5時42分
I HATE STEAM !!!
Many years ago, I bought one of the best games ever made: Half Life, along with its two expansions. I bought them on good old-fashioned discs, because that's how it was done.

When Half-Life 2 came out, I bought it the same way, but it came with Steam, which would install along with the game. Unfortunately, Steam decided to "update" my original Half-Life game, and it stopped working. I was livid. I finished Half-Life 2 and swore never to use Steam again.

It's gotten pretty hard to avoid Steam since then. Many games come bundled with the software; if you want the game, you have to accept Steam, too. It's like having a smokin' hot girlfriend with webbed toes.

I remember a recent rant from some EA executive over the pricing structures behind Steam games. The argument was that all games should be sold at full retail price all the time.

Yeah. About that....

In the past several months, I have bought more games through Steam than I have my entire life, and I'm not some young kid. Those daily and weekend deals have allowed me to get older games I've always wanted, but couldn't buy when they came out. In my case, I had to struggle along with an aging PC that couldn't support most new releases. Obviously, that's changed, but the really awesome thing is that Steam allows me to catch back up with everything I've missed.

Developers can't be too upset. They're selling a lot of older titles they would not have normally sold. It's a big market with prominant advertising. When was the last time the original Serious Sam found itself being advertised? It was on Steam, just a couple weeks ago.

And then there's the fact that I don't need game discs to play the games. That alone is pretty awesome. Wish it had always been that way.

Today, I really love Steam. I hate it for being a money pit in my life, but I'm sure having a good time with it. Can't imagine gaming without it.

How's that for a one-eighty?
< >
1-15 / 73 のコメントを表示
i just wish steam would have a warning screen that says "It appears you are intoxicated, are you SURE you would like to continue with your purchase?"
Ganger 2013年3月30日 11時17分 
iamwileecoyote の投稿を引用:
I remember a recent rant from some EA executive over the pricing structures behind Steam games. The argument was that all games should be sold at full retail price all the time.

EA have soon changed their minds about sales, EA have been having some really good sales recently, only a few weeks ago Battlefield 3 was only £9.99 and only last week Crysis 3 was 50% on origin at £19.99. The people who are going to buy games at full price on release will do so and no really brothered about pricing. If someone has been looking forward to a game for ages, their are going to buy that game within the first week or so.

The first time the game goes on sale (maybe 30% off), will incite the people on the fence to maybe buy it or not at this point. Further sales, months and years down the line will sell to people that had no intention of buying the game in the first place, so meaning more money for the Devs.
It bothers me that I have to make sure Steam behaves itself before I think about purchasing Bioshock Infinite, which requires Steam. What a letdown.
19delta3 の投稿を引用:
It's a good thing I had the time (patience) to read your entire thread. Your op title is a bit misleading - intentional?
He's pretending to be one of those people who always are like "I HATE STEAM IT SUKS".

Steam is the best thing that happened to me with gaming. When I used to buy games for my xbox, I could get 2 or 3 games with $60. With the sales on Steam, I can get at least 5 games for $60.
gtomp' 2013年3月30日 16時24分 
steam network is down
mrostrichman の投稿を引用:
With the sales on Steam, I can get at least 5 games for $60.
Hell, with the THQ Humble Bundle, I got 5 retail quality Steam games for $5.

If you game on PC and have even an iota of patience (which admittedly I'm lacking with all the good games coming out recently)... you can save a ton of money. In that sense, I hate Steam as well. It's ripping my bank account to shreds.
最近の変更はDreakon13が行いました; 2013年3月30日 16時42分
The game you're in now, correct?
Felix 2013年3月30日 22時03分 
Jennifer の投稿を引用:
The game you're in now, correct?
Seems so. A case of PEBKAC?
Miyumi 2013年3月30日 22時15分 
I hate steam right now cause its region restricting Batman Arkham City and its on sale. =(

love it for the rest of the time though!
Miyumi Ayase の投稿を引用:
I hate steam right now cause its region restricting Batman Arkham City and its on sale. =(
You can blame Warner Bros and GFWL for the regional restrictions...As a store Steam would be more than happy to sell the bigger number of games on the bigger number of countries.
Deathlok (禁止済) 2013年3月31日 6時01分 
Steam put GTA IV on sale and forced me to buy it. Evil monsters!
最近の変更はDeathlokが行いました; 2013年3月31日 6時02分
Lero 2013年3月31日 6時06分 
So,you hate that you love Steam because it is a money sucker...
OK.jpg
I originally hated steam (back in dial-up days) when I had to use it for counter strike. These days I simply love it and couldn't imagine a better DRM aside from Steams offline problems.
I've had my struggles with steam but nothing i couldn't fix though.
iamwileecoyote の投稿を引用:
Steam put GTA IV on sale and forced me to buy it. Evil monsters!
They were going to force me, but i sent them in your direction... :P

postewar の投稿を引用:
Is that the same one that stepped down? john riccitiello? I notcied when he steped down prices fell on Origin, or at least somemore things put on sale. Its an adapt or die market.
Steam and Amazon seem to be the best wholesalers that resale to customers.
No, it wasn't Riccitello who said that. It was David deMartini. And he stated it a week before Origin went into a Steam-like Summer-deep-discount-sale. Oh the irony.
最近の変更はTito Shivanが行いました; 2013年3月31日 16時51分
< >
1-15 / 73 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2013年3月30日 5時42分
投稿数: 73