odd718 Dec 18, 2017 @ 9:40pm
noob question - can i use nexus mods on steam games?
im new to P.C. as i have been a lifelong console user
im just getting into mods and i wanted to buy SKYRIM
I seen there are some really cool mods on nexus and i was wondering if it was compatible with steam games or do i have to buy the game on a different platform
Originally posted by Zekiran:
Yup. Almost all the games that Nexusmods services are *required* to use steam so ... yeah, you can use them.

The launch options may be different - if you want to run a properly modded Fallout orSkyrim for instance, you really should look into the launchers available. I run Fallout 4 with F4SE, the script editor, I think skyrim's has a different name.

Be warned though: the mods and launcher risk being broken *every time the game updates*. Supposedly bethesda is 'fixing' this, but if you suddenly cannot launch using the script editor launcher, just be patient and wait a day or two and check the forums for info when it is updated and will work again.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Hanomaly Dec 18, 2017 @ 10:02pm 
yes you can :)
i use Nexus for Fallout 4, New Vegas, and Skyrim

look into using a Mod Manager too... to make your life easier
The author of this topic has marked a post as the answer to their question.
Zekiran Dec 19, 2017 @ 12:26am 
Yup. Almost all the games that Nexusmods services are *required* to use steam so ... yeah, you can use them.

The launch options may be different - if you want to run a properly modded Fallout orSkyrim for instance, you really should look into the launchers available. I run Fallout 4 with F4SE, the script editor, I think skyrim's has a different name.

Be warned though: the mods and launcher risk being broken *every time the game updates*. Supposedly bethesda is 'fixing' this, but if you suddenly cannot launch using the script editor launcher, just be patient and wait a day or two and check the forums for info when it is updated and will work again.
ZiNusCZ Dec 19, 2017 @ 12:20pm 
Yes
odd718 Dec 22, 2017 @ 12:12pm 
Thanks guys for the reply. I'm getting Fallout 3, Skyrim, Oblivion.

Next obstacle will be being able to use my controller lol
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 18, 2017 @ 9:40pm