This topic has been locked
Chronic213 Dec 3, 2018 @ 7:14am
Please Wait, Verifying login information...
"Error
There was an error communicating with the Steam servers. Please try again later."

Fix your garbage, Steam. This is complete and utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Every other aspect of my internet works just like it always does. It's YOUR issue, NOT mine.

Write software that isn't trash, please.

I can write and post THIS, but I can't check my notifications?
Does Valve have any QA? Because this has been ongoing for a LONG time with zero progress on fixing it. Hire some people that know what they're doing.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Start_Running Dec 3, 2018 @ 7:27am 
Just exit and restart steam. Seems to fix things.
Refreshing the page usually 'fixes' this.

:isimoon:
Last edited by קђคภՇ๏๓; Dec 3, 2018 @ 7:33am
Chronic213 Dec 3, 2018 @ 7:34am 
Originally posted by Start_Running:
Actually, just making a post temporarily hides the issue. It'll be back, though. Guaranteed. Steam needs to find and fix the issue in their software. They seem at least unwilling, if not incapable of fixing it.

I've actually opened 2 separate Steam support tickets regarding it. The first one was closed for no reason and with no resolution, so I opened a second one. For the second ticket, they wanted me to jump through all the same ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hoops they did the first time to verify my Steam account. Well, sorry Steam, but that's not going to happen. Verifying my account IS THE ISSUE.
realmenczennik Sep 1, 2020 @ 6:44am 
Originally posted by Start_Running:

Originally posted by Robin3sk:
Refreshing the page usually 'fixes' this.

:isimoon:
it doesn't. im having this problem for like a few months, trying to restart steam or refresh and nothing works. the only way to use steam for me is the website, because even the mobile app doesnt work and i had to delete the mobile guard token
Sinkcat Dec 18, 2020 @ 7:21pm 
ok so i figured out a way to fix it so what i did was i went into the steam client then went to help > steam support > my account > Data Related to Your Steam Account then on that it had asked me to log into steam and then after logging in i clicked "your profile" and it fixed it idk if it works for all but it fixed it for me i hope it helps <3

i accidently found this out btw lol cuz like originally i was just gonna contact steam support and see if they could do anything
Last edited by Sinkcat; Dec 18, 2020 @ 7:25pm
-EvoLveR- Dec 18, 2020 @ 7:30pm 
Originally posted by JacklynPlays:
ok so i figured out a way to fix it so what i did was i went into the steam client then went to help > steam support > my account > Data Related to Your Steam Account then on that it had asked me to log into steam and then after logging in i clicked "your profile" and it fixed it idk if it works for all but it fixed it for me i hope it helps <3

i accidently found this out btw lol cuz like originally i was just gonna contact steam support and see if they could do anything
Thanks so much this worked!!!!!
shit aim Dec 18, 2020 @ 7:52pm 

holy fk you saved me tons of time, thanks babe:steamhappy:
boidyy Dec 18, 2020 @ 8:20pm 

genius, helped so much ty ty
Twizelbang Dec 18, 2020 @ 8:40pm 
It also worked for me, i thought my account was hacked or something... panic is over... but had a wasted night trying to figure out what was going on :(
Same here. How the hell is this still happening all these years later. Also, this is the first time it's happened to me.
devlos Dec 18, 2020 @ 9:54pm 
Have the same issue. What the F! happend
devlos Dec 18, 2020 @ 9:55pm 
No'one touched this forum topic untill today , all off the sudden everyone has verifying issues!

I reinstalled steam , deleted part in %appdata% , did some so called fixes. does not work!
devlos Dec 18, 2020 @ 10:00pm 

This works for now , but it never auto logins. Always need to go to steam support & login from there inside the client? What the hell?
Timmy Dec 18, 2020 @ 10:16pm 
Bravo!

Didnt fix csgo for me though I still get failed to reach official server error :(
Last edited by Timmy; Dec 18, 2020 @ 10:22pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 3, 2018 @ 7:14am