GamerChillz Aug 20, 2019 @ 4:18pm
Scam Sites
So my bud i haven't heard from in a while sent me a message that was quite unusual of him he sent me a message to a website that was known for stealing accounts i quickly dmed him over discord telling him to do a recovery on his account and sent him this link https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/steam-accounts-being-stolen-through-elaborate-free-game-scam/ the site explains how they do it i was hoping to get a steam mod or someone with some pull i could send the site that was sent over so the site could possibly get shut down i dont wanna directly post the link so i will put it in what he sent me word for word

"1 free steam key for new users!take the game you want! (link was here)"

thanks to fox pointing out something to me he said to send your reports of potential scam sites to steam mods in their comment section

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/moderators
Last edited by GamerChillz; Aug 20, 2019 @ 4:30pm
Originally posted by Fox:
Originally posted by Gamerchillz:
So my bud i haven't heard from in a while sent me a message that was quite unusual of him he sent me a message to a website that was known for stealing accounts i quickly dmed him over discord telling him to do a recovery on his account and sent him this link https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/steam-accounts-being-stolen-through-elaborate-free-game-scam/ the site explains how they do it i was hoping to get a steam mod or someone with some pull i could send the site that was sent over so the site could possibly get shut down i dont wanna directly post the link so i will put it in what he sent me word for word

besides what was in parethesis i would put the link broken up so you guys dont mistakingly click it <EDIT : Link> if you find anymore sites be sure to write em down and we can hopefully get a few of em shut down

i will try to make a list of scam site based on what people send me to make it easier for them to get shut down

*potential scam sites below*

- <EDIT : Link>
Please don't post links here, as others may be tempted to go there and lose their accounts.

You can forward such links at any one of the mod team in this link, preferably in their comment section, or privately if they explicitely allow it in their profile. We'll pass them on then for them to be added to the global filter.

EDIT : Quote changed to avoid breaking formatting
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Fox Aug 20, 2019 @ 4:22pm 

besides what was in parethesis i would put the link broken up so you guys dont mistakingly click it <EDIT : Link> if you find anymore sites be sure to write em down and we can hopefully get a few of em shut down

i will try to make a list of scam site based on what people send me to make it easier for them to get shut down

Please don't post links here, as others may be tempted to go there and lose their accounts.

You can forward such links at any one of the mod team in this link, preferably in their comment section, or privately if they explicitely allow it in their profile. We'll pass them on then for them to be added to the global filter.

Last edited by Fox; Aug 20, 2019 @ 4:23pm
GamerChillz Aug 20, 2019 @ 4:31pm 
Originally posted by Fox:

thanks i amended it sorry about that i hope i dont still need to send you the url
8ullfrog Aug 20, 2019 @ 4:40pm 
I wouldn't say the scam is particularly elaborate, but it doesn't have to be.

I do get mad when I see these ads on youtube. Apparently ad approval is done by a robot over there.
GamerChillz Aug 20, 2019 @ 4:43pm 
they do get pretty annoying
76561198052091754 Aug 20, 2019 @ 9:02pm 
There are thousands of this kinda websites. Just do yourself a favor and be smart enough to avoid them. Like they pop up for FIFA. Like {LINK REMOVED} or {LINK REMOVED}
Last edited by futtools; Aug 29, 2019 @ 1:29am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 20, 2019 @ 4:18pm