1. Steam Web APIs. The Steam Web APIs are Valve's service allowing licensees to retrieve certain data regarding Steam and games available via Steam ("Steam Data"). The Steam Web APIs consist of multiple application program interfaces for retrieving various Steam Data, and presenting the Steam Data to end users via a web site, software application, or service owned and operated by you and identified in the your API key sign up form (the "Application"). These items are further defined in the Steam Web API documentation. Valve makes the Steam Web API available free, and you understand that Valve may change or terminate the Steam Web API entirely or your access in particular. Valve may identify new releases from time to time at this link, and may require you to use the most recent version. New versions may be incremental and consistent with older versions, but in some cases they may not be compatible with your previous implementation.
- You agree that you will provide the Steam Data to users on "as is" terms, with disclaimers substantially equivalent to those set forth in Sections 7 and 8.
- You agree to keep your Steam Web API key confidential, and not to share it with any third party. This license is personal to you and specific to your Application. You agree that you will be personally responsible for the use of your Steam Web API key.
- The Steam Web API may require a licensed Steam end user to authenticate a Steam account. You will abide by the Steam Web API documentation and, in particular, you will not intercept or store the end user's Steam password on log in.
- You may not present the Steam Data (or permit the Steam Data to be presented) so that it appears (a) that your Application is endorsed or affiliated with Valve or Steam, or (b) to be available from a third party.
- You may not use the Steam Web API or Steam Data in any way that violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement. You may not use the Steam Web API in any way that degrades the operation or performance of Steam or any games distributed via Steam. You agree that you will not create or assist third parties in any way to create any technology or functionality that may give a user an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Steam game.
- You may not use the Steam Web API or Steam Data for unsolicited marketing communications.
- You are limited to one hundred thousand (100,000) calls to the Steam Web API per day.
3. License to Valve Brand & Links. You agree, and Valve grants you a license, to implement the Valve name(s), logo(s), and links to Valve (the "Valve Brand & Links") on any Web page incorporating the Steam Web API and/or Steam Data, in accordance with the Steam Web API documentation. You shall not tag links to Valve hereunder with a "nofollow" attribute or otherwise prevent or discourage search engines from following or scoring the link.
4. Acceptable Use. You agree not to use the Steam Web API, Steam Data, or Valve Brand & Links in any way that is unlawful, or harms Valve, developers and publishers of games via Steam, their service providers, their suppliers, end users, or any other person. Further, pursuant to Section 11 below, Valve may terminate your use of the Steam Web API, Steam Data and Valve Brand & Links at any time in Valve's sole discretion.
7. NO WARRANTY. VALVE PROVIDES THE STEAM WEB API, STEAM DATA, AND VALVE BRAND & LINKS "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, VALVE , STEAM GAME PUBLISHERS AND DEVELOPERS, AND THEIR SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. VALVE, STEAM GAME PUBLISHERS AND DEVELOPERS, AND THEIR SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
9. Intellectual Property. The Steam Web API, Steam Data, and Valve Brand & Links are the property of Valve, and subject to the intellectual property rights of Valve and its licensors. (c) 1996 -2010 Valve Corporation. All rights not explicitly granted are reserved. Valve, Steam, the Valve logo and the Steam logo are registered trademarks of Valve Corporation.
11. Termination. Valve may change, suspend or discontinue the Steam Web API and suspend or terminate your use of the Steam Web API, Steam Data, and/or Valve Brand & Links at any time for any reason, without notice. You may also terminate by ceasing to use the Steam Web API, Steam Data, and Valve Brand & Links, removing implementation of the Steam Web API from your Application, and deleting all copies of the Steam Data and Valve Brand & Links.
Back to Registration page