The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

View Stats:
T3ddy B4gW3LL Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:18pm
How to remove 60FPS cap?
Hello

please can somebody explain how to remove the 60FPS cap?

Thank you
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Hillary Clinton Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:20pm 
That will break the game.

120fps master race: https://gfycat.com/MeatyFlamboyantGrayreefshark
Ilja Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:21pm 
Can't remove it. Skyrim physics will go wild above 60FPS. It is engine limitation.

Some players can go above it, up to 90FPS, depending on their display, system and tweaks. I sure as hell can't, with my 114hz display. I did not need to activate VSync for Skyrim SE though, which was nice.
OllietheMagicBum Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:22pm 
dont go above 60fps on this game. it suuuuucccskss
Chronos Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:22pm 
game has to run at or below 60 fps or the games physics go psycho haha.
Autumn Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:23pm 
you don't want the game to go above 60fps. As said above it will break the game. the physics will go into overdrive and you'll have objects flying everywhere everytime you enter a cell, and/or open a door. I've been there. It's fun for a little while, but really annoying when you're trying to place things in your player homes.
Ilja Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:25pm 
Originally posted by Autumn Dust:
you don't want the game to go above 60fps. As said above it will break the game. the physics will go into overdrive and you'll have objects flying everywhere everytime you enter a cell, and/or open a door. I've been there. It's fun for a little while, but really annoying when you're trying to place things in your player homes.

Here is hoping that Jaxonz will give a go to port her Positioner.

Because that probelm exists in 60FPS game as well. Bloody annoying.
perished masters Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:34pm 
So apparently, they didn't even bother fixing that?
RayJump Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:37pm 
My question is how to enable 60FPS cap, I got 144 frames indoors (monitor's 144hz) and I dont want the game to go crazy
wim1234 Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:42pm 
i think you can set it at 72 with sync every other frame., that will do.
you need to do that in windows dirversettings.
besides that i am happy at 30 fps, i see no need at all for those crasy high fps...
its all advertisement hype and ppl falling for it lol
Last edited by wim1234; Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:42pm
ChaosBahamut Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:42pm 
Originally posted by RayJump:
My question is how to enable 60FPS cap, I got 144 frames indoors (monitor's 144hz) and I dont want the game to go crazy

This might help.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=789533454
Bloodhawk Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:44pm 
Originally posted by Gumpyro:
So apparently, they didn't even bother fixing that?

It would require an entirely new engine. I believe the problem is even present in Fallout 4. They'd more or less need to rebuild the game from the ground up. It's not like it's an easy fix.
caps Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:45pm 
I have a monitor that can go up to 144hz but I have to use Nvidia Inspector to limit my FPS to 60 so items indoors don't scatter everywhere...
Synit Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:59pm 
It's ok to go above 60 fps. The problems seems to occur, at least for me at around 90-100+ fps. So i just cap it at 90 and have had no problems since.
T3ddy B4gW3LL Oct 29, 2016 @ 4:07pm 
So how do I set the FPS higher than 60 lol?
Ancient Oct 29, 2016 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by Synit:
It's ok to go above 60 fps. The problems seems to occur, at least for me at around 90-100+ fps. So i just cap it at 90 and have had no problems since.

It still borks radiant timing so times given by quests as well as the visible time of day vs what's stated in the rest menu will be different. It gets more and more out of sync the longer you play above 60 FPS.

IMO, lock it to 60, just like vanilla.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 29, 2016 @ 2:18pm
Posts: 49