This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Pinball Arcade
Chubby Skeleton May 3, 2013 @ 8:44am
Pinball FX2 skips Greenlight process.
Okay, why did we have to wait 8+ months for TPA to get Greenlit while Pinball FX2 gets to skip the process entirely? WTF is going on?
Last edited by Chubby Skeleton; May 3, 2013 @ 8:51am
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Switch0r May 4, 2013 @ 9:14am 
Maybe its because Pinball FX2 is allready released on windows 8.
I am also hyped to get Pinball Arcade on my pc.
Last edited by Switch0r; May 7, 2013 @ 8:48am
LucentV May 6, 2013 @ 1:26pm 
Pinball arcade was already on most of the same devices, too. I think it was just a matter of FarSight not wanting to pony up the money it takes to get in the front door. Some think that it failed some approval process. I doubt that. Some real JUNK games are on here and certainly didn't go though the 'Greenlight' process.
Switch0r May 9, 2013 @ 3:16pm 
I will buy Pinball FX2 on 10 may (today), it will keep me busy when Pinball Arcade gets released.
I am also waiting on the Pro-Pinball series on steam to get Greenlit.
Roo May 9, 2013 @ 5:49pm 
It's because PBFX2 is being published by Microsoft Game Studios, who have previously released games on Steam. I think FarSight is self-publishing and had no prior-relationship with Steam. I agree the wait was frustrating. I'm excited for both, though.
Last edited by Roo; May 9, 2013 @ 5:49pm
malienvictor2004 May 10, 2013 @ 10:35am 
That is pretty much it Roo. Something else to add to this thread. I didn't even see a single advertisement on the store page till just now. But PB Arcade has been advertised for many months and support from the fans. This is what favourtism is doing to the community. Steam, get PB Arcade on the store page. What is with the hold up?
Gamerblue May 10, 2013 @ 1:38pm 
Pinball FX2 beat TPA to Wii U, Windows 8 marketplace and must be good to be Microsoft Studios. :-(
T-wRecks May 10, 2013 @ 7:41pm 
There's a very good chance that Pinball Arcade's Greenlight was actually *because* of FX2 going straight through. If Valve had reservations about Arcade's business model and/or niche appeal, well FX2 is the exact same thing. So FX2 going through (due to being a Microsoft Game Studios title as Roo said) was very likely the tipping point for Arcade. Whatever it takes...
Last edited by T-wRecks; May 10, 2013 @ 7:42pm
kitestar May 10, 2013 @ 9:35pm 
it WAS on Windows 8, so the game's programming was already made, all they needed to do was port it to windows 7, TPA, on the other hand wasn't on this platform before, so extra work for farsight, as many, numerous changes have to be made. like roo said microsoft has made games on steam before, making it guaranteed and microsoft, NOT being an independent firm like farsight is, did not need to go through with greenlight. since farsight is indie, as is every other game that came through here, has to go on a waiting list
Last edited by kitestar; May 10, 2013 @ 9:35pm
Fukande May 11, 2013 @ 9:12pm 
Pinball FX2 is a terrible game for children compared to TPA
Dabeavis May 14, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
It only got through since PFX2's publisher is none other than Microsoft Game Studios, and TPA isn't on here yet since Farsight is still working on getting TPA into Steam formats. Personally I think PFX2 is a great game for what it is, despite the common turndown of the whole fantasy pin aspect (At least you can't make the ball jump and collect coins).
Last edited by Dabeavis; May 14, 2013 @ 2:11pm
dach4457 May 15, 2013 @ 2:49pm 
Call me old fashioned but Pinball FX2 just doesnt feel like a real pinball experience. It's pretty and all the bells and whistle's are there but... it doesnt feel as real as Future Pinball imho
KingBava May 24, 2013 @ 7:28pm 
Originally posted by dach4457:
Call me old fashioned but Pinball FX2 just doesnt feel like a real pinball experience. It's pretty and all the bells and whistle's are there but... it doesnt feel as real as Future Pinball imho

Pinball FX2 is a crap, the phisics and the flippers lag is terrible, unfortunately i bought it :(
Last edited by KingBava; May 24, 2013 @ 7:28pm
KyRoS May 30, 2013 @ 9:54am 
I actually like Pinball FX2 a lot, but am definitely looking forward to Pinball Arcade. Going to be awesome playing the machines I played back in my youth. Been playing it on my Galaxy S3 and really dig it. Hope it comes out soon.
NoOne Aug 16, 2013 @ 10:45am 
I already own TPA on PS3, and enjoy it tremendously.
I also enjoy Pinball FX2 for what it is, enough that I re-bought it on PC, when it came available.

There are many things that can be done on a fantasy table that aren't possible when simulating a real table.
These include mid-game alterations to the table itself, interplay between the ball and animated objects/characters on the table, and alterations to the laws of physics.

PFX2 has some of the best fantasy tables I've ever played, and is a great complement to TPA's real tables.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 15 30 50