This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Real World Racing
ProdigyXP Nov 11, 2013 @ 9:03am
Multiplayer questions
1) Does this game support the inclusion of AI in the multiplayer? Meaning, if there are 3 human players in an online race, and the remainder of the field be filled out with AI drivers?

2) Are the single player and multiplayer progress connected in any manner?

3) Are private races supported (friends only, password protected, etc)?

4) Are the races hosted by individuals on their own PC, or are there central servers managed by the developer?

Thanks
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Playstos  [developer] Nov 12, 2013 @ 5:25am 
Hi ProdigyXP,

1. No, it does not. Multiplayer races are peer-to-peer run between human players only.

2. Yes, both modes unlock new cars and tracks. While most of the content is accessible playing multiplayer only, a few of the extras require playing the single player career mode.

3. Private rooms/races will be supported in the first update after the initial release here on Steam. We were already working on this, but preparing the game for Steam is completely absorbing our time.

4. The multiplayer races setup (matchmaking) is done via Steam and our game servers, everything else then runs peer to peer, taking advantage of fast lan connectivity between clients.
Last edited by Playstos; Nov 12, 2013 @ 5:26am
ProdigyXP Nov 12, 2013 @ 6:18am 
Excellent. Thanks for providing the information. I'm certainly looking forward to the Steam release.

I was already going to purchase the game, but a friend beat me to it and gifted it to me by purchasing the copies off of your website. Will I receive a Steam key once it is released, or will the person who gifted it to me receive this information?

On a side note, I just played the game and got through the driver's license part with all golds. I have to say I am somewhat scared of how difficult the game is going to be further on down the road (pun?), if the tutorial was already that tough. ;-)
Playstos  [developer] Nov 12, 2013 @ 7:16am 
Hi ProdigyXP,

If you obtained your copy of RWR through Humble Bundle, you should receive the Steam key on the account associated with the email address used to claim the game.

About the difficulty level, you said yourself you attained all secondary objectives for the Driving License, that's a good start and not meant to be very easy. Nonetheless yes, the game is meant to be quite challenging by current standards.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50