This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Venetica
cybertrance May 23, 2013 @ 4:41pm
When does steam release happen?
any date would be fine to know
Last edited by cybertrance; May 26, 2013 @ 4:21pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 69 comments
inferno986return May 26, 2013 @ 10:07am 
I second this, considering that the game is already in a finished state. Alongside Mac OS X and Linux ports!
cybertrance Jun 1, 2013 @ 3:34am 
still no answer?
Motoki Jun 8, 2013 @ 6:57am 
I would like to know this as well. Also has the non-US release of Drakensang ever happened? I know that got yanked from Greenlight by Valve and they said they were in talks with DTP.
Pixiebug Jun 8, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
Sure wish we could at least get an answer.
PuddlePirate Jun 10, 2013 @ 10:28am 
Originally posted by Motoki:
I would like to know this as well. Also has the non-US release of Drakensang ever happened? I know that got yanked from Greenlight by Valve and they said they were in talks with DTP.

You can actually still get Drakensang: River of Time if you have someone from the US gift it to you.
Jerry Dandrige Jun 23, 2013 @ 12:37pm 
Release possible: Nov/Dec 2012

NOTE: Venetica has been released in some territories on disc already, so the game is completely finished and ready for release on Steam.

Nearly two months since it was greenlit and still no word. This is why publishers shouldn't be allowed to use Greenlight to push their games, the slot that DTP took up for Venetica could have gone to an indie dev that not only intended to release the game but also speaks to the fans.
inferno986return Jun 23, 2013 @ 1:06pm 
I agree with Senator Gibbons (sounds like I am Congress or something, when I say it). A good Greenlight project should have good communication with their customers and we haven't heard anything.
Elgar Jun 23, 2013 @ 1:33pm 
I agree too!
cybertrance Jun 23, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
This a pity, ♥♥♥♥ DTP, i never thought a german studio (and i am german) ♥♥♥♥s their fans like this, i am totally depressed
Jerry Dandrige Jun 23, 2013 @ 7:47pm 
Well for what it's worth, I posted on their forum and hopefully we'll get SOME kind of response - even if it's just "When it's done" (even though I detest those answers :P) --- I also hope that the Steam release has optimised the performance and fixed that horribly disgusting multicore issue that plagues the retail release.
cybertrance Jun 27, 2013 @ 7:30pm 
i dont think u will get any respond, but sure, give it a try
Jerry Dandrige Jun 27, 2013 @ 7:34pm 
I posted a few days ago, still no response. This is the company and product that was greenlit? Great choice Valve(!) I'm sure the thousands of other, much more deserving, indie developers are immensely grateful to you :)
cybertrance Jun 27, 2013 @ 7:36pm 
dtp is publisher not developer, maybe we should try to get in contact with the devs of this game?
Jerry Dandrige Jun 27, 2013 @ 8:03pm 
Deck13? Why? They're not the ones handling the Steam version, dtp are. You'll notice that it's dtp's name all over the place and they're the ones saying "check out OUR other games" - Deck13 didn't create Gray Matter or Black Mirror or Crash Time. Hell, Deck13's name aren't even mentioned on the Greenlight pages anywhere, at all :( Another case of the publisher taking all the credit and the developers getting nothing - I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Deck13 didn't see a penny from Steam sales.

No sir, it's not Deck13 we need to get in contact with. It's dtp entertainment.
cybertrance Jun 27, 2013 @ 8:09pm 
but deck13 maybe has muhc mroe iterest seeing their game on steam, they maybe can intervent
< >
Showing 1-15 of 69 comments
Per page: 15 30 50