This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Hypovolemia
Mikhail Oct 18, 2013 @ 2:33pm
I don't seem to understand the concept of the game
Why would you want a twitch shooter with high 3rd person view in modern military setting?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
defragen1  [developer] Nov 1, 2013 @ 3:00pm 
Well.. because its fun? Nobody is stopping you from playing Bejeweled.

As a kid I always played a lot of games on MSDOS. There has been many top down shooters that were medicore or bad. However, I saw a lot of potential in many of them and thought they could of been done way better ( In my opinion - almost all modern top down shooters are bad ). Since I believe that a really good top down shooter hasnt been made yet, I thought it would be a good idea to make my dream game on Source Engine. What better choice? A top down shooter with the standards of half life is going to "raise the bar" for what people expect in a "good" top down shooter.

HYP is a game that rewards you for honing your skills ( So if you can twitch to somebodies head and 1deag them... praise to be you ). This has a lot to do with the kind of games I like to play. Before I started working on HYP, I was playing CS:S competitively and making defusal maps aimed at league gameplay ( and before that I was intrigued with Quake3 ). I intend HYP to be competitive game because competitive games are my thing. If you like playing counter-strike like a sport and obliterating people into meat chunks with rocket launchers in quake 3, this is your game.

The concept of the game will be more obvious as the development progresses closer to the vision. Anyways, I added another gameplay video the page. This shows what the more updated gameplay is like.
Last edited by defragen1; Nov 1, 2013 @ 3:20pm
Smitheroons Nov 17, 2013 @ 8:08pm 
because it will be really rewarding to play, and allow players to think more about what they're doing. And the top-down view seems to emphasize that players should be *aware* of their environment; the complexity of the world, mixed with the naturalness of observing the whole scene in 3rd person, should allow players to give tactical thought to their actions. The Alien Swarm engine's way of handling player movement should allow and reward quick thinking and actions.

Modern military is good to give a sense of realism. That's great, in my opinion, as long as it isn't macho COD style (where "cool" without depth of thought seems to be the purpose of that series), which it doesn't seem to be. This looks to be more along these lines: "Realism is a way to make the game complex without making it unwieldy and unintuitive. Real life is intuitive, yet complex."

This makes me think of Mount and Blade, but with guns and without horses, and without being story-based, no npc warrior management element etc; it reminds me of Mount and Blade because of its use of realism to enhance gameplay and make a fun, difficult, compelling and learnable/improveable skills-based way of battling. According to what the developer has said, it sounds more like a combo of some things from twitch-shot FPS and the goodness that was/is Mount and Blade -- and its own unique stuff as well. Plus the grand thrust of the aiming mechanic owes to Alien Swarm, it looks like. ...

Point being, it will be its own thing, and it ought to be good. I like it.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50