This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Kingdoms CCG
Rhev Feb 20, 2013 @ 12:11pm
how would purchases translate?
I play Kingdoms CCG on facebook and quite enjoy it. I'm wondering how the devs would translate this game over to the steam format. For example, I don't see that there would be any advantage to having the same free to play format on steam. On steam the trend for games is buy the game, then play it.

Would there be an original outcost for the game (say $10 for example) and it would include the base game as it exists on facebook, with the chance to 'buy' booster packs with in game money? Then perhaps you can buy expansion packs (say $1 each) to unlock the new expansions? If so, you'd have to drastically reduce the amount of coin it takes for each booster pack. No one wants to have to grind out coins in a game they already bought to unlock content and no one is going to want to be presented with the opportunity to IAP (in app purchase) coins or gems if they've already 'paid' for the base game.

I look at Magic The Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2012-2013 as a possible inspiration. You buy the game and you can play it. You can unlock most of the base stuff over time, or you can pay 99 cents to unlock full decks immediately. They've come out with expansion decks, which follow the same format - time or a one time unlock.

I'd be interested to see what the dev's plans are for this and how they would transfer over their card system from a microtransaction game to a more standard steam pricing game.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

-Rhev
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Rhev Mar 28, 2013 @ 11:50am 
Over a month with no answer or comment from the Devs. Guess that tells you what sort of support they would have for it if it were released on Steam. Time to remove my 'support' of this game being greenlit I guess.
ionulad Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:46am 
You usually pay dollars for in-game gems. Something like 100 gems = 10 dollars.
You can buy stuff with it.(Almost) Everything is also buyable with another in-game currency, gold, that is obtainable for free but requires MASSIVE amount of grinding.
To give you an idea, some good cards cost 100 gems (each), and the most valuable cards could cost around 700 gems. to make a competitive deck you would need a few thousand gems. Try it out on their site and get an idea. (no putting link, search google)

Disclaimer: you don't actually own the game, after putting money in it, you just own the cards you bought (or heroes).

They have major pricing issues tough. example : a hero costs 150000 gold or 69 gems. In an hour of game time playing arena quests(which are limited per 18 hours) you can gain max 7-8000 gold. (assuming you have a good card pool and deck). So you either pay, or grind a month or more to get what you want. There are other ways to get gold ,sure, but all require massive amount of time spent for minimal gold reward. You also get around 3 gems daily if you do certain quests.
Last edited by ionulad; Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:48am
Rhev Apr 6, 2013 @ 12:04pm 
Yes, I've played the game over on facebook. I had been asking how the developers of the game were planning on translating the game that they currently have, with a cash for gem system, over to Steam. Steam doesn't have this type of microtransaction type of support for their games, or at least not for the most part.

For example, there's a game called Kingdom rush. This game supports itself via microtransactions and is quite popular. However they, when asking for greenlight support, outlined what they were going to do to change their economic model from a microtransaction style game to a one time fee, and what that would entail.

The question I had asked, and gotten no answer on, was what the devs of Kingdoms CCG were planing on doing with pricing to make it different for Steam Greenlight. If nothing, why would or should Steam support the game? They wouldn't make any money from it.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50