This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Trash TV
Lawrie  [developer] Feb 6, 2013 @ 8:39am
Level Editor
Hey everyone, Lawrie here. I wanted to take a quick poll of how many of you would be interested in an in-game level editor for Trash TV?

Currently around 95% of a level's information is stored and edited by the game's level editor. However that last 5% is quicker for me to hard code rather than upgrade the editor. It is my intention to release a level editor after the game is out and I'd like to know how much interest people would have in it and how much focus to devote to it.

Currently my post release plans include co-op only levels (all single player levels support co-op but are designed around a single player), port the game to Xbox, at the same time that I'm working on the Xbox version a friend will join me on the project to code the Mac and Linux version.

It's a big schedule and prioritising is tricky so I'd appreciate all the feedback.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
whilkkan Mar 10, 2013 @ 9:42am 
I think a level editor is a great idea. It's like in Dustforce: when people have beaten the whole single player game, they still have the level editor, so the game basically never ends. They made a sort of "Level Hub" website where all players could submit their maps for download. I definitely think that this is worth it if you have the time.
epicfailnot Apr 9, 2013 @ 7:27am 
Yes! Just yes. But for now, can't even run the game prperly.
Lawrie  [developer] Apr 10, 2013 @ 1:50am 
Do you get any error messages when you try and run the game?
epicfailnot Apr 10, 2013 @ 2:02am 
Sometimes it runs slow as crap, sometimes it says crash something something something...
Lawrie  [developer] Apr 10, 2013 @ 5:41am 
When it's super slow is the ground there? There was/is an error where the ground disappears, the game detects it needs to re-cache and attempts and fails which causes the slow down. That being said I was fairly sure I'd fixed it.
epicfailnot Apr 11, 2013 @ 3:02am 
So is it fixed in a new version of the demo?
Lawrie  [developer] Apr 11, 2013 @ 5:52am 
New version was put out a week ago and it was fixed on all the PC's that used to suffer, that I had access too.
Sauerkraut Mar 8 @ 11:53am 
I'd love to see a level editor as well as Steam Workshop support.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50