This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Tales of Maj'Eyal
sZXZ Nov 6, 2013 @ 11:56am
Can we have controler support?
It wold be awsome to play with controler
R-L - change skills
XYAB - do skills
=)
Last edited by sZXZ; Nov 6, 2013 @ 11:56am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Waladil Nov 7, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
Probably not. There are waaaaayyy too many key commands for controllers to be a rational option.
It would need an entire controller-only interface that simply doesn't exist in the game right now. T-Engine (which is open-source) could probably be reworked to have a controller-friendly control scheme, but that would be a major undertaking.

By my count there are currently 120 key commands built into ToME. Some are used less than others, and about 60 could be covered by the 6 commands you've got listed above (although it'd be slowwwww when you've got 40 abilities. Which is common for a high-level character), there's still a lot of commands left.
DarkGod  [developer] Nov 14, 2013 @ 5:45am 
Well hotkeys are hard yes, but I'm quite sure somethign can be worked on; I plan to take a look at least :)
sZXZ Nov 14, 2013 @ 10:33am 
Wow! cool! some controller support wold be nice =)
Rem Best Girl Nov 16, 2013 @ 10:02pm 
Do Roguelikes really need controller support?
sZXZ Nov 17, 2013 @ 1:20am 
Why not? You can play on TV or without mouse. It's just more comfortable sometimes. If it's not very hard to implement it's a good feature.
Waladil Nov 17, 2013 @ 2:28am 
Well problem 1 is that it probably will be hard to implement.
Problem 2 is that you already can play ToME without a mouse (in fact, the very best players play ToME without a mouse because keyboard-only reduces user error).
Problem 3 is that controllers don't usually lend themselves well to cerebral, tactical games. There's a reason there are few-to-no RTS' on consoles, and even fewer turn-based games.
Rem Best Girl Nov 18, 2013 @ 9:53am 
I get the TV point if you're using a laptop but then you can just use a wireless/wire keyboard and mouse anyways and an HDMI cable. I get the point though some people like controllers for games. The only times I use my PS3 controller on my laptop is for emulators and Rogue Legacy because politely love that game with a keyboard
Last edited by Rem Best Girl; Nov 18, 2013 @ 9:53am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50