This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Tales of Maj'Eyal
sZXZ Nov 6, 2013 @ 11:56am
Can we have controler support?
It wold be awsome to play with controler
R-L - change skills
XYAB - do skills
=)
Last edited by sZXZ; Nov 6, 2013 @ 11:56am
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Waladil Nov 7, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
Probably not. There are waaaaayyy too many key commands for controllers to be a rational option.
It would need an entire controller-only interface that simply doesn't exist in the game right now. T-Engine (which is open-source) could probably be reworked to have a controller-friendly control scheme, but that would be a major undertaking.

By my count there are currently 120 key commands built into ToME. Some are used less than others, and about 60 could be covered by the 6 commands you've got listed above (although it'd be slowwwww when you've got 40 abilities. Which is common for a high-level character), there's still a lot of commands left.
DarkGod  [developer] Nov 14, 2013 @ 5:45am 
Well hotkeys are hard yes, but I'm quite sure somethign can be worked on; I plan to take a look at least :)
sZXZ Nov 14, 2013 @ 10:33am 
Wow! cool! some controller support wold be nice =)
Devindor Nov 16, 2013 @ 10:02pm 
Do Roguelikes really need controller support?
sZXZ Nov 17, 2013 @ 1:20am 
Why not? You can play on TV or without mouse. It's just more comfortable sometimes. If it's not very hard to implement it's a good feature.
Waladil Nov 17, 2013 @ 2:28am 
Well problem 1 is that it probably will be hard to implement.
Problem 2 is that you already can play ToME without a mouse (in fact, the very best players play ToME without a mouse because keyboard-only reduces user error).
Problem 3 is that controllers don't usually lend themselves well to cerebral, tactical games. There's a reason there are few-to-no RTS' on consoles, and even fewer turn-based games.
Devindor Nov 18, 2013 @ 9:53am 
I get the TV point if you're using a laptop but then you can just use a wireless/wire keyboard and mouse anyways and an HDMI cable. I get the point though some people like controllers for games. The only times I use my PS3 controller on my laptop is for emulators and Rogue Legacy because politely love that game with a keyboard
Last edited by Devindor; Nov 18, 2013 @ 9:53am
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50