This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Stardew Valley
Mr Noteworthy Mar 21, 2013 @ 6:14pm
Is this a harvest moon remake?
It feels extremely similiar to harvest moon but in a less cartoony/childish way so for that reason i'm quite interested in it because i liked a few of the harvest moon games when i was younger but felt they were too childish as i grew older.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Dragonsteps8472 Mar 23, 2013 @ 1:45pm 
As a fan of the Harvest Moon series I wouldn't want to say this is a remake, although they shares a lot of features. I think Stardew Valley gives you more freedom: customise your entire farm by being able to place buildings and objects wherever you want, dungeon crawling aspect and, eventhough I will probably never use that feature, same gender relationships.

I believe this game has quite a lot of features the Harvet Moon games missed. This should be a very interesting game and I'm looking forward to it being greenlit and released.
NoxiousRaven Apr 2, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
If that's how you feel about some games then you're missing out on a couple of good ones.

This game is pretty much a revamped Harvest Moon with a lot of improved features and new ones.
Last edited by NoxiousRaven; Apr 2, 2013 @ 4:07pm
Mr Noteworthy Apr 2, 2013 @ 5:50pm 
Well it's not like i meant i wont play a game because its targeted at a younger audience only, i just mean when the gameplay gets diminished due to it being childish.
Gawmonster May 6, 2013 @ 1:03pm 
I like to think of it as "inspired by" Harvest Moon :)
Cassie ♥ May 7, 2013 @ 10:03pm 
It's not a re-make, it's more of an inspiration.
This game takes many aspects from other games and puts them together beautifully to create a wonderful looking game.
Mr Noteworthy May 8, 2013 @ 4:14am 
I really phrased the original question; didnt mean to actually say its a remake, just built by the same concept.
Ultimuh Oct 5, 2013 @ 6:56am 
I think of this as Harvest Moon for PC.
But that's just my opinion.
Last edited by Ultimuh; Oct 5, 2013 @ 6:57am
deg Feb 16, 2014 @ 2:25am 
Think of this as hayday but more epic.
QuackieChan May 4, 2015 @ 9:42am 
No, It is not a re-make or knock-off of Harvest Moon in my opinion
Marcus94X Oct 1, 2015 @ 8:56am 
This game is gonna be a hit, I already put money on my steam account to buy... I don't think he gonna have a preorder xD
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 15 30 50