This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stardew Valley
rjsn2109 Oct 10, 2013 @ 3:26am
Stardew Live In-Game Marketplace
As part of a multiplayer feature I suggest to include a live marketplace where the price of produce, minerals, ores and other commodities are affected by other players' input into the marketplace.

To prevent the game from turning into a stock exchange. Players can only sell items on the marketplace, the challenge will be by changing what they will produce or export to maximise the value of what they produce.

I believe this feature will make the game more dynamic and interesting because players will not have to stick to a single crop or commodity to farm gold or similar, but they will find themselves constantly changing what they produce or do in the game.

By setting a minimum sell price limit for commodities, players can still do what they want without being disadvantaged by the "market".
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Barrels!!! Oct 15, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
i think it would be grat thing like if i grow a lot of one thing the valule would go up for the sail price and it will onley go down if i pick a nother crop to plant (am i right jw just wornding)
rjsn2109 Oct 15, 2013 @ 8:38pm 
@ Barrels. I assume english is not your first language. I think I get what you are trying to say but not you got it the other way around. I was referring to a market supply and demand affecting the price of commodities.
UnknownFox Oct 16, 2013 @ 8:51am 
I do agree, over farming of the quicker crops would quickly lower the price of them while the longer harder ones to take care of should have a higher yield yet in the case one week that is the only one being sold, resorting back to a basic may be more profitable.
Noswad0208 Oct 18, 2013 @ 8:51am 
I want a whole livestock/produce market system, it would add a more realistic feel.
Barrels!!! Oct 24, 2013 @ 5:10am 
english is my first lamguage it just that my spelling sucks
Hyperfin Oct 28, 2013 @ 3:01pm 
Originally posted by Barrels!!!:
english is my first lamguage it just that my spelling sucks
but i understood it this way. The more i grow of ONE plant the higher the price will be
and i think it is the other way around. the more i have of one thing the lower the price is.

and jeah it is a great idea but i want to know if the devs can make it
Barrels!!! Nov 7, 2013 @ 10:43am 
so yes and no to what i said ? just wondering?
Hyperfin Nov 7, 2013 @ 10:47am 
Originally posted by Barrels!!!:
so yes and no to what i said ? just wondering?
i think you just messed up how you have written it
it makes no sense that plant's A price raises as you sell more..
it should lower the price
rjsn2109 Nov 8, 2013 @ 9:06pm 
Like I said. Supply and demand rules just like a real world marketplace.
Hinsonator Nov 12, 2013 @ 3:21pm 
so what your guys are talking about is an X game only instead of in space it's in this fictional world? count me in
Hinsonator Jan 10 @ 7:20pm 
(sorry for the dubble post) maybie a rare or really hard to aquire consumable or something you can put in your house or a post office that you can use to put items in your Steam inventory and sell them on the Steam market (yes i know that would be kinda pointless but still it's an idea) or use Steam inventory as a way to transfer items from one character to another if your going to be allowed to have multiple save games, yes i know this can be abused in trading or with hacked save games.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50