This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Stardew Valley
rjsn2109 Oct 10, 2013 @ 3:26am
Stardew Live In-Game Marketplace
As part of a multiplayer feature I suggest to include a live marketplace where the price of produce, minerals, ores and other commodities are affected by other players' input into the marketplace.

To prevent the game from turning into a stock exchange. Players can only sell items on the marketplace, the challenge will be by changing what they will produce or export to maximise the value of what they produce.

I believe this feature will make the game more dynamic and interesting because players will not have to stick to a single crop or commodity to farm gold or similar, but they will find themselves constantly changing what they produce or do in the game.

By setting a minimum sell price limit for commodities, players can still do what they want without being disadvantaged by the "market".
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Rigby Oct 15, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
i think it would be grat thing like if i grow a lot of one thing the valule would go up for the sail price and it will onley go down if i pick a nother crop to plant (am i right jw just wornding)
rjsn2109 Oct 15, 2013 @ 8:38pm 
@ Barrels. I assume english is not your first language. I think I get what you are trying to say but not you got it the other way around. I was referring to a market supply and demand affecting the price of commodities.
UnknownFox Oct 16, 2013 @ 8:51am 
I do agree, over farming of the quicker crops would quickly lower the price of them while the longer harder ones to take care of should have a higher yield yet in the case one week that is the only one being sold, resorting back to a basic may be more profitable.
I want a whole livestock/produce market system, it would add a more realistic feel.
Rigby Oct 24, 2013 @ 5:10am 
english is my first lamguage it just that my spelling sucks
Hyperfin Oct 28, 2013 @ 3:01pm 
Originally posted by Barrels!!!:
english is my first lamguage it just that my spelling sucks
but i understood it this way. The more i grow of ONE plant the higher the price will be
and i think it is the other way around. the more i have of one thing the lower the price is.

and jeah it is a great idea but i want to know if the devs can make it
Rigby Nov 7, 2013 @ 10:43am 
so yes and no to what i said ? just wondering?
Hyperfin Nov 7, 2013 @ 10:47am 
Originally posted by Barrels!!!:
so yes and no to what i said ? just wondering?
i think you just messed up how you have written it
it makes no sense that plant's A price raises as you sell more..
it should lower the price
rjsn2109 Nov 8, 2013 @ 9:06pm 
Like I said. Supply and demand rules just like a real world marketplace.
Hinsonator Nov 12, 2013 @ 3:21pm 
so what your guys are talking about is an X game only instead of in space it's in this fictional world? count me in
Hinsonator Jan 10, 2014 @ 7:20pm 
(sorry for the dubble post) maybie a rare or really hard to aquire consumable or something you can put in your house or a post office that you can use to put items in your Steam inventory and sell them on the Steam market (yes i know that would be kinda pointless but still it's an idea) or use Steam inventory as a way to transfer items from one character to another if your going to be allowed to have multiple save games, yes i know this can be abused in trading or with hacked save games.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50