This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Cry of Fear
Boomsicle Nov 3, 2012 @ 6:26pm
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
1. The game has been out for more than HALF A YEAR. Get it off moddb. What is moddb? Only the best and safest site to download mods on.
2. You DO need HL1 to play it. Not HL: Source or HL2. Not Opposing Force or any other HL1-engine game other than THE ORIGINAL HL1.
3. The reason that it is taking so long is because ruMpel is preparing the steam release. You know, fixing bugs, adding small things, making improvements. It will be on Steam in due time.
4. Pewdiepie has nothing to do with the development of this mod. He only brought Cry of Fear to the attention of his "bros". The forums have a nicer community, honest.
5. It's free and it always will be. But if you are inclined to donate, do so at http://www.cry-of-fear.com/donate.php
5a. Donating earns you the privilege of toting an MP9 sub-machine gun (the one and only fully-automatic weapon), your name in the credits, yellow name in co-op, and a hidden area in the CoF forums ;)
6. The steam release will be standalone so don't worry if you don't have HL1. You can always wait.
7. When you download Cry of Fear, DO. NOT. USE. DESURA. Download from the moddb mirror. The reason why is because it is really buggy and not recommended.
8. You will be able to transfer your unlockables from the mod to steam release.

I hope that I have answered all your questions about this mod. I've just seen so many ignorant idiots not bothering to look up Cry of Fear for information.
Last edited by Boomsicle; Feb 1, 2013 @ 3:33pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
BlaqkAudio Nov 4, 2012 @ 7:16pm 
THANK YOU!!! I couldnt even read the other thread about them asking if they need this.
Hugh Mongous Nov 5, 2012 @ 3:06am 
alteast theres one smart person on steam
Plumtree ツ Nov 9, 2012 @ 3:50pm 
Cry of fear is awesome, but i still have a few questions about it. Will there be more content? Can i transfer all my stuff from the origional to the steam version? I guess i will have to wait and see
NaLopex Nov 9, 2012 @ 4:02pm 
Originally posted by BlackAce40:
Can i transfer all my stuff from the origional to the steam version? I guess i will have to wait and see
About the new content, I'm pretty sure there would be more official/fanmade content. And yes, you can transfer everything from one version to another.
Last edited by NaLopex; Nov 9, 2012 @ 4:02pm
therealtricker Nov 10, 2012 @ 8:36am 
WHY NOT DOWNLOAD FROM DESURA I GOT FROM THERE IT WAS FINE
therealtricker Nov 10, 2012 @ 8:37am 
PLZ RESPOND
NaLopex Nov 10, 2012 @ 9:23am 
Desura is buggier than ModDB, that's why it's not recommended.
Drakeswrath Feb 1, 2013 @ 12:08am 
Thank you this helped lots
Boomsicle Feb 18, 2013 @ 7:53am 
Please stop responding to that "Do I need Half-Life for Cry of Fear?" thread
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 15 30 50