This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

8-Bit Commando
vaustein Mar 13 @ 11:51am
Controller bugs
Main Menu => Controls displays three devices:
1) Device: Keyboard
2) Device: Xbox 360 controller
3) Device: USB joystick.
For platformers like 8-Bit Commando, I like to use my USB joystick. I selected "Device: USB joystick" and mapped the directional stick and fire/jump/start buttons successfully. However, when I return to the Main Menu and select Start Game, the USB joystick doesn't function: the character won't move, jump, or fire. Interestingly, the USB joystick button mapped to "Start" does work - it pauses the game. Also, the keyboard and Xbox 360 controls work completely.

I'm running Windows 7 x64. To verify that the USB joystick is working, I launched Windows Devices and Printers and confirmed that the USB joystick works as expected.

There may be a bug in which the 3rd device connected is partially ignored while in game. Is there an ETA for a fix?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
2dengine  [developer] Mar 14 @ 12:48am 
What brand/model is your USB joystick? It's kind of hard to try and fix something like that because we can't test every single type of controller out on the market.

If your joystick has a toggle button which switches between analog and D-Pad control make sure it's set to analog. THEN assign the analog stick for movement in the options screen.

A couple of other things you may want to try is:
1. Swap your 360 controller and your joystick and see if that works
2. Open "settings.ini" in the game's root directory and change the line:
"plugin=Plugins\AgenDI8.dll"
to
"plugin=Plugins\AgenDI9.dll"
Let me know if that helps
vaustein Mar 14 @ 12:50am 
#2 fixed the issue. Thanks!
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50