This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Recruits
3dRobbo  [developer] Dec 29, 2012 @ 5:11am
Feedback and Questions
Just making a place where you can ask any questions or offer any feedback about Recruits. We are a small indie game team so all your feedback is vital to the success of the game!
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
SgtRicko Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:58pm 
I just finished playing the demo last night. To be honest, I kind of found it to be... underwhelming. It looks great graphically and the effects are good, but the combat has got some issues. The biggest issue I had was the fact that the accuracy of your shots is more or less random, and not determinded by skill: that little detail made the second demo mission irritating as hell to complete since I had no reliable way to tell whether or not I could hit a target or the ground in front of him instead.

Also the game seems to rely on you soaking up damage instead of avoiding altogether by taking cover or obstructing the enemy's view. Perhaps that's the way you guys intentionally designed it but I found it annoying that I had no way to protect myself or squadmates from gunfire and not stand out in the open to shoot.
3dRobbo  [developer] Jan 18, 2013 @ 8:43pm 
Ahh, Im sorry you found in underwhelming. In regards to aiming, we are working on a better system to better place your shots. There is random spread of bullets at the moment that you can reduce by crouching or standing still (running is the least accurate way to shoot) So we hope this might fix your issue here.

Also, the levels we currently have do lend themselfs to more open run and gun style of play, I believe that this problem you are having might also be fixed once we dedicate some more time to updating out levels. More cover, more obsticles, more things to hind behind and plan attacks from.

I hope this answered some of your concerns with the game. Its still in alpha, and we are always working on making the game better for everyone, This feedback you provided has been very insightful.

Cheers,
Rob
2MuchCoffeeMan Feb 4, 2013 @ 2:33am 
the game will have coop ???

Will it be coop as in, use hamachi coop ???

Or will we be able to invite friends by using the steam system ???

I really hope the latter :3

I know when alien swarm just got out, people couldnt stop playing it, but it was because fo the steamplay, and other games llike this never using it, alien swarm died a silent dead tho, due to lack of content, but i know alot of people that had alien swarm, and are looking for a similar game, just casual shooting with your friends ......

but it will make or break for me with the multiplayer part, to be honest...

Will you use the steam system ? or will it be lan support only ?
theflamingskunk  [developer] Feb 4, 2013 @ 7:31am 
If we are accepted to Steam and able to use Steamworks, than of course we will!

However it is NOT Lan only, and you will be able to play via Internet. If you wish to host you will need to port forward.
Last edited by theflamingskunk; Feb 4, 2013 @ 7:35am
2MuchCoffeeMan Feb 4, 2013 @ 8:48am 
ah ye ok, so that means we will atleast get a so called direct connection option.... t hats good to hear..

Its nice to hear that u guys are ambitious with it, and i will sure keep an eye on this.

Thanks for the fast reply.
.:xXODDJOBXx:. Feb 18, 2013 @ 6:09am 
Will there be a Kickstarter campaign?
3dRobbo  [developer] Feb 18, 2013 @ 8:31pm 
We are looking into it at the moment. We are planning on it, but just want to make sure we can really make a rewarding campaign. Do you have any suggestions on what kind of rewards you would like us to hand out? (T-shirts, Art Books, Tutorials etc) Any feedback is great!
toonarmy36 Mar 29, 2013 @ 1:57pm 
Hi just found out about your game looks very good and voted it to get greenlit
Couple of questions
1 if i buy it of desura will i get a free steam key when it gets on?
2 on your website in future updates you say more modes chicken hunt, zombies and gun range are these confirmed future modes/
3 do you have plans for other modes for the game?
Last edited by toonarmy36; Mar 29, 2013 @ 2:35pm
SapientWolf Apr 20, 2013 @ 10:18am 
Is there a way to give commands to individual soldiers rather than to the whole group? Being able to switch to a different soldier would be nice as well. I think that would add a lot of strategic depth to the game.
3dRobbo  [developer] Apr 22, 2013 @ 4:02am 
We didnt have this planned at first, but there have been other people requesting it, and we hope to get somethning in soon. :) No Probs!
phittte May 13, 2013 @ 7:13am 
Very nice game, hope it gets greenlit! I tried the demo and graphics and gameplay are really nice. A few things I didn't like so far:

1. A few bugs that were probably reported or fixed already - video settings often don't stick (AF was set back to 0 each time for example), FXAA doesn't work for me, aim sensivity resets every time. I ordered one of my soldiers to throw a grenade at one of the shacks in the first mission and enemies just stood there and ignored him until the actual explosion happened. Seems like they only react to gunfire/explosions.

2. The sneak system is not optimal imo. In mission 2 I crouched in the dark jungle (my soldier was blue, with lots of vegetation around him) and didn't move, yet one of the patroling guards spotted me even though he was 1/3rd of the screen away from me. Didn't make sense to me and I had to start over.
Koren May 14, 2013 @ 3:01am 
Looks realy fun.

Is there a Linux version planned ?
theflamingskunk  [developer] May 16, 2013 @ 6:27am 
Unfortunatly, due to the restraints of Unreal Engine, a Linux versión is not planned.
Frost May 28, 2013 @ 7:10pm 
what about a MAC version?
theflamingskunk  [developer] May 29, 2013 @ 6:29pm 
A Mac version is much more plausible. However currently we are focusing on the PC, although we will certainly try to port it for Mac further down the line. So we will be doing our best to release a Mac version, although no promises (And it currently is not our priority).
Last edited by theflamingskunk; May 29, 2013 @ 6:29pm
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50