This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Dreaming Sarah
Yin  [developer] Sep 28, 2012 @ 9:33am
Questions about the game? Ask them here!
Just noticed that "discussions" tab, might as well use it!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
digiz156 Oct 4, 2012 @ 10:11am 
Just wondering, will this be exploration or fighting game? If fighting will it be hardcore difficulty such as certain recent retro game?
Yin  [developer] Oct 4, 2012 @ 6:08pm 
It's exploration, mainly. There will be no fighting, at least not directly. It's like.. Yume Nikki meets Banjo-Kazooie. You go around exploring, find something, use that something somewhere else, and you get a piece of her memory. New areas will open up as you progress, too. Thanks!
digiz156 Oct 5, 2012 @ 1:38pm 
Sounds awesome and a joy to play. Wish you luck and hoping that it will be complete and buyable in near future.
Yin  [developer] Oct 6, 2012 @ 4:02am 
Thank you!
Akaya Oct 7, 2012 @ 10:36pm 
So when new areas open up do you have to backtrack to get to the new areas or is there somehing to make it less repetitive?
Yin  [developer] Oct 8, 2012 @ 11:19am 
There are 5 main areas that you can choose from a hub, and some other smaller areas that you can find by exploring each main area. You'll have to backtrack if you want to go to a specific spot in these areas, but it's not much of a hassle after you've got the abilities need to go there and know how to get there.
Veleskola Nov 24, 2012 @ 3:20pm 
I'm playing the prototype and I'm stuck. How on earth do I get on to that platform near the pool?
Yin  [developer] Nov 25, 2012 @ 6:48am 
You can't actually. That part is one-way only, you can only come out of that door and jump back using the umbrella. I'm really sorry about that, I really made it look like that jump was doable, but most people got frustrated ): Sorry!
Veleskola Nov 26, 2012 @ 1:37pm 
Ah well it doesn't matter. Can't wait for the game anyway. Did you change the prototype btw I rememebr playing it with a lava level.
Yin  [developer] Nov 26, 2012 @ 1:48pm 
The lava level was an early prototype, I've changed some things since (like Sarah's speed, how high can she jump, etc) so probably I won't be using any of that lava level, apart from some graphics. And thanks for your support! It's gonna take a while for the game to be released, I'm still at the early stages.
sushi Jan 23, 2013 @ 12:17pm 
Hi, I'm interested in making a game using Construct 2 as well, but was curious, how do you plan on getting the game from Construct 2 to Steam? Doesn't Construct 2 export as html/javascript/etc?
Yin  [developer] Jan 24, 2013 @ 3:36pm 
Construct 2 exports to HTML5 as default, but it can also export to Win, Mac and Linux usando Node.webkit right now. Before node, it used Awesomium, but I think they dropped support for it, and also if you exported your game in it and you made more than a certain ammount of money, you had to pay them some. Node.webkit is free (I think).
Yin  [developer] Jan 24, 2013 @ 3:36pm 
Forgot to mention, the Win export is just PERFECT. Everything works smoothly, I've even tried some WebGL effects and they worked.
sushi Jan 25, 2013 @ 6:32am 
Good to know! Thanks Yin.
Kokoro Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:40pm 
Do you pretend to port the game to Mac and Linux? The game looks beautiful, keep up the good work.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
Per page: 15 30 50