This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Secrets of Grindea
Kupiakos Oct 7, 2012 @ 1:16am
More Platforms?
Release on platforms other than PC would be awesome (Linux for me, Mac for a friend). If you're using a generic graphics API (not DirectX directly) it shouldn't be to hard to port to OpenGL.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
MerEcri Oct 7, 2012 @ 2:37pm 
I second this. A Linux port would be amazing !
Elegroth Oct 7, 2012 @ 3:44pm 
They're using XNA, so the Xbox 360 would be a logical port if it does well. Not sure how easy it is to port a game made with XNA to Mac and Linux though.
Kupiakos Oct 11, 2012 @ 6:16am 
If they can implement MonoXNA, an open-source cross-platform version of the XNA and .NET Framework, then they should. Check out http://www.monoxna.org/
Little Game Fairy Oct 12, 2012 @ 2:52pm 
I kind of wish Steam itself would get official Linux support. There's already official Mac support. And Mac is an expensive OS made for expensive hardware. Or rather, hardware charged a premium because put together by Apple. Linux on the other hand is completely free software.

Which makes it the obvious thing to install on your extra computers PC gamers often make from their old parts they have leftover as they upgrade to new parts. As Windows, is, again, something limited to one piece of hardware at a time to officially recognize.

I know that's how I ended up using Linux. I had to do something with old computer hardware after upgrade, using Windows for all my old hardware was too expensive. So I put Linux on it to at least allow it to do something. I'm fairly certain that's how many gamers have gotten started on Linux, as well.

Problem is, having to go through things like Winetricks to even install Steam on Linux. I'd like to see Steam get official Linux support and just be able to get Steam from the Synaptic. Sure, not a lot of games here have Steam support. But surely some do. And it would be a lot better than going through Winetricks.

Count me in as being interested in Linux period. I like actually being able to game on my Linux boots. It'd be even nicer if I could get it through some officially supported Linux version of Steam.
Artephius Oct 12, 2012 @ 3:19pm 
I'm sure they plan to add a mac version, but always is easier to start with PC
Kupiakos Oct 16, 2012 @ 10:47am 
Er, ukkosfaith... http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/linux/
Valve has been planning Steam for Linux for a while. Notice how "Linux" is an Operating System in Steam Greenlight?
Zach Oct 19, 2012 @ 10:20am 
Please support Linux.:)
Miriadis Oct 22, 2012 @ 10:47am 
I've been watching some dev diaries for some time. The game looks awesome; the art style and animations are astonishingly good.

Please port it to OSX! And Linux too, so I can play with more friends!
BaNNshEy Nov 18, 2012 @ 6:51pm 
i only buy this if it comes to mac
Schattenphoenix Dec 12, 2012 @ 1:53pm 
Linux has one problem though, if im not wrong, software released for linux must have the GNU license?
Making it free of cost...
Kupiakos Dec 12, 2012 @ 2:17pm 
Um.....no Schattenpheonix. Libc (and most of the libraries on Linux) uses the LGPL, which allows proprietary software. How do you think Steam for Linux works? They didn't release the source :P
Schattenphoenix Dec 14, 2012 @ 10:08am 
Well, im not too found of linux, as said, im not 100% informed but i thought i heard that somewhere.

Sorry for the "wrong info" then ;) and thanks for correcting me
Blue May 26, 2013 @ 8:11pm 
Originally posted by BaNNshEy:
+1
Miriadis Jun 9, 2014 @ 2:47pm 
Originally posted by BaNNshEy:

+1
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 15 30 50