Questo gioco è stato approvato dalla Comunità!

La comunità ha mostrato il suo interesse per questo gioco. Valve si sta accordando con lo sviluppatore per il rilascio su Steam.

Secrets of Grindea
Hybelkaninen 11 dic 2012, ore 20:52
Continued Content/Support.
Hi there =)
Took a look at your game and must say I'm excited, it looks awesome.
My two all time favorite games are Zelda: A Link to the Past (Zelda 3) and Mystic Quest (later it had a re-make called Sword of Mana for the GBA).
Without exaggerating I've probably finished Zelda 3 over 20 times and the only thing I hate is the "The End" part.

Now from the

""Countless of side quests and hidden content will keep you busy for hours after finishing the game.""

I understand you can continue the game even after the "End" part...BUT are you guys gonna release some kind of "Creation Tools" ? Let the community make some OverWorld parts and maybe some dungeons and share them ?
If not...will you continue to make stuff for the game and release it ? Either free or as a paid DLC ?

Now, I don't know about other people here, but I don't mind paid DLC at all when it's for a game that has me hooked and keeps entertaining me.
Ultima modifica da Hybelkaninen; 11 dic 2012, ore 20:59
Visualizzazione di 1-13 commenti su 13
< >
Aria Alterra 11 dic 2012, ore 22:58 
i wouldn't mind some paid or free dlc either :D
Schattenphoenix 12 dic 2012, ore 13:43 
As its their only (known) project and they wanna sell it, i guess they will keep some content support.
It would be sad to see such a game dying because noone keeps going.

A tool for fans/players to make new dungeons sounds good in general but it would easy to abuse (like for example in Neverwinter Nights where you could place tons of immovable monsters and kill them etc pp). If that would be implemented, it'd need an upload function, so the developers can look over it and implement it at some point.
Maybe even through a secret quest or something, so there would be new secrets coming out all the time... but thats fantasy :D

Also i dont think Sword of mana is a remake for Mystic Quest.
The latter had a group of characters while Sword of Mana is without a party. The story part in the beginning looked completely different to me aswell (havent played SoM too long)
Hybelkaninen 13 dic 2012, ore 14:33 
Messaggio originale di Schattenphoenix:
A tool for fans/players to make new dungeons sounds good in general but it would easy to abuse (like for example in Neverwinter Nights where you could place tons of immovable monsters and kill them etc pp).

Yea...I remember that...my brother used it as a "training" ground when we needed to catch up on the main groups level =D
...and yea, it can be abused...didn't thought about that...so yea, should eventually be an upload feature in that case.

Also i dont think Sword of mana is a remake for Mystic Quest.
The latter had a group of characters while Sword of Mana is without a party. The story part in the beginning looked completely different to me aswell (havent played SoM too long)

Not to be a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ here...but it is...a very heavy remake, alot of the story and progress might be different, but alot of the names and places is the same.
Here in EU it was called Mystic Quest, but in the US and Japan it was called Final Fantasy Adventure.
Props 13 dic 2012, ore 17:00 
Messaggio originale di Hybelkaninen:
..."and Mystic Quest (later it had a re-make called Sword of Mana for the GBA)."
I believe Sword of Mana was a remake of Final Fantasy Adventure for the GB with the Secret of Mana gameplay from the SNES. I've played both...grew up on the GB and NES.

I personally have been a fan of this style action RPG for a very long time...I'm glad that there's something new coming out, that isn't a remake of an older game. Hopefully, if there is added content, this game can go over 30 + hours. With this, there's finally a game that goes back to the traditional style that i've been waiting for.

***edit***
I've seen others have edited...I know for sure about the FFA and just about all hand held FF titles...because I've played them all(with the exception of every FF console game since VII's release on the PSX). I used to keep up on that stuff..back in the 90's...that's why I'm excited about this game...it's right down my alley. If somehow, they could add a random map feature with 3 difficulties and the ability to play a New Game +
Ultima modifica da Props; 19 dic 2012, ore 15:36
Schattenphoenix 14 dic 2012, ore 10:06 
Well, similar places, overlapping names etc were always typical for square and their games and Mystic Quest was indeed a prequel to Secret of Mana (being Seiken Densetsu 1) but i couldnt find any similarities (the combat, the character playing, anything).

Anyway, if youre sure it is, i dont mind, i just cant see parallels
Vilecat 14 dic 2012, ore 21:50 
FF Adventure (remade as Sword of Mana) is the prequel to Secret of Mana. FFMQ has nothing to do with any other Square game, it's a standalone. The confusion probably comes from the names given to both games then. Both FFMQ being called Mystic Quest Legend and FF Adventure being called Mystic Quest in Europe.

Back on topic: I'm also interested in knowing what kind of content we can expect after this game comes out. While, yes, there can be abuse, I believe that at least the mods you can find on Steam Workshop generally aren't that game-breaking. Giving access to game modding would be great, if new content isn't released by the devs (due to lack of time, new project, etc.)
Ultima modifica da Vilecat; 14 dic 2012, ore 21:50
pbxellos 16 dic 2012, ore 5:45 
i looks very close to the secret of mana for snes as well as the som sequal, as well as ilusion of gaia, both great game is there a way to sign up for beta testing, or a demo.
Schattenphoenix 16 dic 2012, ore 10:00 
@Vilecat: I tbh thought about this game: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Ffmq_battlescreen.png
Which shares similarities with the Secret of Mana franchise due to having almost identical weapon typed with similar uses.
Im still not 100% sure though which is which now, after you pointed out there are 2 games with almost identical names.
Hybelkaninen 16 dic 2012, ore 12:00 
Here's the Final Fantasy Adventure (US) aka Mystic Quest (EU) I'm thinking of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0aajKA1ZM

...and here's the remake, Sword of Mana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvq5QfiIveE

sorry for the confusion earlier =)
I remember Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest, pretty different from the Game Boy game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udell2uijys
Ultima modifica da Hybelkaninen; 16 dic 2012, ore 12:08
Schattenphoenix 16 dic 2012, ore 12:36 
Yeah the snes one was the one i meant, which reminded me of Secret of Mana due to the weapons being very similar.
The combat wasnt action combat though which is why i always was abit confused when someone told me it was a prequel to SoM.
Thanks for clarifying.

Also on Topic: Could we maybe get a statement from Pixel Ferret on this? I would REALLY appreciate it.
sefercil 13 gen 2013, ore 2:54 
continued content would be a fantastic idea. giving the players the chance to add more monsters into the world or have an arena and more things to keep it worth going back to.
天诛 2 feb 2013, ore 4:25 
Just leave graphic files open to gamers, so everyone can change textures if they want to. Add mods, texture packs, new armor sets, small place for farming and romance option and its all good for me :D
Schattenphoenix 2 feb 2013, ore 4:31 
They will probably have their "tools" made for adding content, having those tools in a slightly different version to upload whats "made" with it, would enable them to add content made by others without putting too much effort in there themself and without leaving it 100% up to the players (thus managing if it fits into THEIR game).
Some of you might dislike the idea, but publishing a game is like letting your doughter going on a date with a guy for the first time... you actually would like to have some influence so no ♥♥♥♥ happens to your baby.
Visualizzazione di 1-13 commenti su 13
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50